The Planted Tank Forum banner

20 long jungle Updated 4/15

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2in10 
#1 · (Edited)
Here it is. This is my first real attempt at a heavily planted tank. It's still a work in progress but I'd say it's 85-90% done. Only been running a month so there are plants you cant yet see, and I haven't trimmed yet. Specs to come. Let me know what you think.

Filter: Penguin 100 and marina i25 internal (switching to a canister this week)
Lights: 65watt 6700K pcf (double fixture only running 1 bulb until I get a proper cO2 system)
cO2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISTA-CO2-Di...128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41623f7500 works better than I expected but I'm going to pressurized soon
Ferts: Excel and biolabs all in one micro and macro

(there are some plants I'm unsure of the id so they're followed with a question mark)
Plant list: glosso,giant babytears,pearlgrass,golden llyodella,Bacopa monnieri,java fern,Myriophyllum sp?,Hydrocotyle sp. japan,Hydrocotyle verticulata,Hydrocotyle leucocephala,Ammania sp. 'Bonsai', Rotala indica,Aponogeton crispus,Echinodorus sp.?,Heteranthera zosterifolia,Hygrophyla corymbosa var. salicifolia ?,Riccia fluitans,Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho' ,Syngonanthus sp belem,Tiawan moss and I think that's it

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm very excited. I have some new plants coming. Ordered some really nice stuff because I think the tank needs some color contrast. I'm likely going to remove a few plants that are in there currently to add the new stuff. I will update as soon as the new plants are in.

Here's an update(sorry for the bad quality) because I removed the large patch of riccia and the stone that were on the driftwood at the front left corner of the tank. Because the riccia was obscuring the stargrass and the stone was weighting sown the driftwood. Which might be my favorite plant in the tank so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.