first pic of mine - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
first pic of mine

Crap quality.. but ive never ever posted a pic i dont think.. so heres my tank and how it looks now since i first joined up after i baught it.

baught the cardinals the other day i was hesitant but i gave in to temptation, regadless of what i said about breeding them i just couldent leave without them, cost me 24 quid for 12!!, theve been introduced slowly from rainwater to the tank water and was riddled with whitespot. now looking prestine and doing well.

the black square is as you can gather the god damn algae magnet. its allways falling to the bottom. and the internal fitler and heater you see stuck in the front are just untill i unwire them, i had to unset the tank i had the cardinals in and didnt have a plug at the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

i know its not much of a gallery.. but can people give me some like comments and critique
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Algae Grower

I like it...should grow in well. Do you usually have the window open? Will the sun cause you problems with algae or is that just my nubie question? Haven't seen a turn table in years, it made me smile.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

the sun allways beems in there unless i have the blind down.. its true that it causes algae but tbh it doesent really grow any worse than the darkest end of the tank so i enjoy it in the mornings.. and my fish do to it allways pushes anything to spawn.

got a couple white leds and 2 blue tubes which are set up with there own reflector and that looks lush in the dark.

i changed the timers about today, from a 12-hour to 11 hour 15 min cycle, 4 lights have an hour of 15 minuet intervals thru the 11 hour period, whilst one bulb stays on and switches off a few times, in total it gets 11 hours of 30w and 11 hours 15 mins of 120W + the extra 30W unless its switched if that makes sense.. to give the cloudover effect. the fish seem peacefull with it and it warms them up with the single tube in the mornings and before lights out.

and thats an old technics 1210... no doubt you remember it.

glad you like it im gonan get a better cam and start a diary some time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Planted Member

Looks good but it would be better if everybody could see a full front view of your tank
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

ill take some later but they will proberly be as cack as the first.

i need a new cam.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Nice tank, with good height. What size is it?

The benefits of the sunshine outweigh any negatives, IMO. It helps the plants grow, most fish like it and, as a single point light source, it adds atmosphere to the tank.

what's your substrate depth? I like the look.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 PM

Looks good , it would look awesome if you got some kind of carpetish foreground plant in there too on the right side

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode