New 125 Gallon Aquarium, Double Corner-Flo - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
New 125 Gallon Aquarium, Double Corner-Flo

Tank: 125 Gallon, Double Corner-Flo aquarium Pre-Drilled (Marineland)

Tank Size: 72" x 18" x 22"

Stand: 30" Tall, 4 doors, High Gloss Finish (R&J Aquatics)

Canopy: 7" Tall, High Gloss Finish, (R&J Aquatics)

Glass Hood: Not much to say about this it a glass hood (Marineland)

Filtration: 2 Corner-Flo Pre-Drilled (rated at 700gph each)

Sump: 30 gallon

Return Pump: MAG18 (1800gph)

Heat: 2 Finnex 300W Heater with Digital Controller

UV: 15 Watt Advantage 2000+ In-Line UV Sterilizer by Aqua Ultraviolet, runs off maxi jet 900, that in the sump, maxi jet 900 is on one end of the sump, and the return line is on the other end by the MAG18

Lighting: 72 inch BLACK SOLAR T5 HO - 4 X 80W
6500k, custom made by (Catalina Aquarium) (Should be in next week)

CO2: 10 LBS Tank, Reef Fanatic Deluxe CO2 Regulator with Solenoid Valve

CO2 Reactor: Carbon Doser EXT5000 (External Reactor 5000) & Carbon Doser External Probe Holder/Mount

CO2: Milwaukee pH and CO2 Controller

Substrate: Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting MIX, (6 bags purchased, I sifted all the large stuff out 4 times, no idea how much I used, other than I had ton left over) capped with Black Diamond Blasting grit, 20-40 size. (Used just under 3 bags 150 lbs)

Completed so far:
Reinforced Floor(my guess is it would have been fine, but now I know it will be 100%) This is a funny story, wife decided on one location, had the one done and then she decided she did not like that location. Had to pay for the floor to be reinforced 2 times. At least if I ever buy a 2nd tank, the other area of the floor is ready to go.

Unboxed stand (made sure it was level)
Unboxed canopy
Unboxed tank (tested for leaks and made sure it was level)

Sump has been built and leak tested
Electrical and other misc, equipment installed in stand
Plumbing is about 80% completed (plan to finish that in the next 2 days)

I know over the last month I have posted many topics and asked many questions, I am sure I annoyed some with all of the questions, but I wanted to thank all of you that have helped me over the last month and have taken the time to explain how things should be setup. I could not have gotten to this point without all of your help, so thanks again.

I should have taken more pictures, but all I have is my phone, camera is out for repair, but I should have it back in a day or two and hope to post a bunch of pictures. Please excuse the poor picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0042.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	43067  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Ooooh...I can't wait to see the journal on this! I'm going to be setting up a 125 in a week - it'll sit empty for a few months while I save the $$ to have my floor reinforced from below, and I redo the floor inside (removed carpet & pad, going to redo as a hard surface).

It'll be interesting to see a 125 from start to finish. Subscribed!

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ya I agree it will be nice seeing it filled. Nice canopy.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
Welcome to the 125 gallon club. Alot of people are setting up this size including me so it will be neat to see what you do. Sounds like your coming right along. Good luck and I will keep an eye out for updates.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Tested all the plumbing tonight for leaks, everything went good, until I started up my return pump. Guess what? Nothing, nada, it DOA. So I had to order a new one and have it sent express so I will get it on Friday since I have ton of plants that will be in on Friday. I will return the DOA one, and get a credit, but I could not wait for cross ship.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Impressive! Can't wait to this in action!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Wow, you really caught it bad didn't you. And you went all out on peripherals too, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Looks damn good and you haven't even put anything in it yet! will be following this!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Figured I would post a few pictures of the sump. Not 100% sure, what I want to put where yet. So if anyone has ideas, please let me know.

I still need to fix some of the PVC, one of the return lines sags a bit, simple fix, just need to run to Lowes.

Also not sure where to put the CO2 reactor, seems I have less room than I thought.

Sorry pictures are not great, dark room and still waiting on my good camera to be returned.

Empty area to the far left, is for the return pump, I also have a second heater, that I was going to put in the middle on the back.

I have enough bioballs to fill the middle section and the last section with the blue bioballs, but not sure if I want to add more or not.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01844.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	43131  

Name:	DSC01845.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	43132  

Name:	DSC01848.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	43133  

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

After a lot of work, I have some more pictures to post.

Changes I made since I first setup.

Did not like using dirt/black diamond, pulled it all out, what a mess, and went back to eco-complete. Now I am not sure if that the route I want to go either. Wife going to kill me. I think I want to switch back to dirt and some type of sand. Just leave it alone she keeps telling me.

Lots of stuff needs to be done still, but I am leaving on Friday for 2 week vacation, so I had to rush some of the things. Like I need to finish up the plumbing and make it neat, along with all the wires.

I am having a difficult time getting my CO2 level up. I need to stop at Lowes before I go out of town and pickup some glass to seal the sump.

Any comments or suggestions? I won't be making any changes for about 2 weeks.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Forgot to post pictures a few hours ago
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120307_163637.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	43650  

Name:	20120307_163707.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	43651  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode