55g blackwater riparium --- FISH PICS! (pg. 6) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
55g blackwater riparium --- FISH ORDERED!

Alright, so I finally got my old 55g emptied, fish shipped out, and plants relocated so I could buy some awesome manzy driftwood from Tom Barr and riparium supplies from Riparium Guy and Hydrophyte

It isn't full yet, nor has some key essential such as driftwood, or plants have come. Here is the run down of specs:

Filtration - Fluval 404
Substrate - White sand blasting sand capped with Indian almond leaves
Lighting - 2x32w T8 shoplight (May upgrade later)
Co2 - None
Ferts - None
10 riparium planters
7 trellis rafts

Planned stock list:

10 - Marbled hatchets
30 - Cherry Barbs
???# of - honeycombs (if I can get some...)
2 - B/N plecos
Maybe some RCS

Planned plant list (No submerged, all above water)
Ruellia brittoniana
Cyperus
Aluminum plant
Zephyranthes
Baby panda bamboo
Leather leaf fern
Bacopa Monerieri

Anyways, here is the tank, empty, but with the rocks. I may add a few more rocks, but I want to wait and see what the driftwood looks like with it in there.

This is one of the first times I am actually waiting to set-up a tank and paying for driftwood, so hopefully it will turn out good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran

Last edited by Da Plant Man; 04-15-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
30....cherry barbs? Are you sure you want to do that? They breed and they get rather large and your tank is only going to be about 2/3rds full. Anyways, excited to see how this pans out. Following.
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Looking good! Im putting together a smaller Riparium myself right now with a kit from Hydrophyte.

What kind of rocks are those? Id like some like that for my Malawi tank.

post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
30....cherry barbs? Are you sure you want to do that? They breed and they get rather large and your tank is only going to be about 2/3rds full. Anyways, excited to see how this pans out. Following.
I may be getting 15 (cherries) of a special kind from Msjinkndz, but I am not sure. The tank will also not be half-way or 2/3rds empty. Its going to be as full as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalJenemba View Post
Looking good! Im putting together a smaller Riparium myself right now with a kit from Hydrophyte.

What kind of rocks are those? Id like some like that for my Malawi tank.
Thanks! Be sure to post a journal!
The rocks I got from down the road of my house. All I know is its inert.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I have riparium plants coming tomorrow, should I go ahead and fill the tank and then put the driftwood in later, or wait and put the riparium plants in a holding tank?

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Subscribed!

75 gal low-tech dirt*baby stages*

post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Planted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to WATduh
You hooked me. This has greatness written all over it. Subscribed.

50b Amazonian Biotype

Check my latest tank videos below:

~02-28-2012 Update Video

~Dripping in New Otos
post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I just got some riparium plants from the amazing Riparium Guy! Once the driftwood gets here, I will fill'er up!

-Caton

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Planted Member

It already looks awesome.

Nicholas

The Fraternity of Dirt #65

post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
It already looks awesome.
So many compliments and all I did is throw some rocks in there. Either A) I did an awful job and everybody is saying it in a 'special way' or B) People just like rocks in a glass box.

I am going with the first one.

Thanks guys!

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #11 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Planted Member

Might as well be DAROCKMAN. No, but seriously...you've already got a nice scape going, and I think it's the sleek look of the rocks that are attracting us in hordes.

Nicholas

The Fraternity of Dirt #65

post #12 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

If you guys like those rocks, I have a ton near my house (quite literally...) and I can go collect and sell some.

-Caton

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #13 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I am sad. Y U NO PUT PLANTS IN YET!?!

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #14 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipariumGuy View Post
I am sad. Y U NO PUT PLANTS IN YET!?!

Because I need Mr. Barr to send me the driftwood It'll be hard for me to arrange the driftwood if its full. I am going to plant riparium plants right now in their containers and then put them in a rubbermaid container.

-Caton

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #15 of 113 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Algae Grower

I couldn't wait for my manzanita to get here so I planted my tank already, I just tried to visualize the wood... I hope it turns out ok.... I'm nervous now! lol

75 gal low-tech dirt*baby stages*

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode