Neil_L's tanks at work - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Neil_L's tanks at work

These are the tanks I look after at work.

This is the tropical tank I've been working on since Christmas.

I've rebuilt this goldfish tank since Christmas, after a fungal infection. The Java fern is still taking hold (took me ages to tie it on to that branch), and the tannins from the wood are declining. The tank has three new inhabitants, two calico fantails and a black moor.

Our Pacu tank. This guy is 15 years old. Unfortunately his tendency to eat everything means his tank is quite bare. He's about 34 cm long and 5-6 cm thick.

This tank is full of about 450 strands of Cabomba that we use for student practical classes. Don't you just want to put some Tetras in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
This tank is full of about 450 strands of Cabomba that we use for student practical classes. Don't you just want to put some Tetras in it?[/QUOTE]

Yes - sneak em in there and tell everyone that there must have been eggs on the plants when you got them in. Neat stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

wow. that pacu looks big. Almost bigger than the one in the Central Park Zoo. 15 years old! Wow, that is awesome. Great looking tanks.

You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 10:30 PM

wow great tank:thumb:
how do you manage to keep al the leaves on your cherry leaf stricta? mines losses all its older leaves every day and have to constantly replnt it even though i every thing else does great?
barry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 05:49 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
Try adding some stones to the mid ground of the first tank-- I think you'll like the result.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments guys As from September I'm starting a teaching degree, so these tanks will no longer be my responsibility I'd really like to move the Pacu to a proper "Sea World" aquarium, but finding out how is difficult!

barry_sulley, I think you're talking about the Ludwigia repens palustris in the foreground. It does shed leaves, but also grows fast and thick. The only problem is that new growth isn't very red, I possibly have a mineral deficiency. Replanting is occasionally necessary. The bigger problem in this tank is that the bloody Pleco eats the Java fern!

greenmiddlefinger, I'll try that, thanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode