My Beautiful 8 Gallon Fluval Flora - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Mosake
My Beautiful 8 Gallon Fluval Flora

Hi there everyone, I just registered and thought that I'd share my planted aquarium with everyone. It is a Hagen Fluval Flora tank for plants, and I pretty much use all the stock things that come with it except the filter.

The filter I use here is a Fluval U1 underwater filter, much like the one it comes with except this one is for 15 gallons. I also added more of the substrate because I felt what they give you is much to little to allow the plants to grow properly. So far I've had it running for 2 Months and its looking great, take a look!

This is Crimson, a double tailed halfmoon betta I rescued. His bowl was disgusting and his fins were all torn up, but now he is living the life and he is the king of this jungle tank . He deserves nothing less...BETTAS SHOULD NOT BE KEPT IN BOWLS OR VASES WITHOUT A HEATER, THIS IS HOW BETTAS SHOULD BE KEPT WITH A LOT OF ROOM TO EXPLORE AND A HEATER TO KEEP THEM WARM, THEY ARE NOT COLD WATER FISH. /endrant

Not in the least bit camera shy.

One of my six galaxy danios.

My cardinal Tetras.

One of my Scarlet Badis', very camera shy.

One of my two cherry shrimp just chillin' and scurrying across for some food.

Mr.Algae eater, probably the most photogenic lil guy in there rivaling Crimson.

PLANTS: I don't know the names of all the plants but here they are.

One of my favorites, got these little lads when they were just 3 leafs old (:

Pretty much the center piece.

This guy was tiny when I got him too, called a banana something because the roots literally look like a bunch of bananas. The vine looking plants in the back are called Anarchis btw, great plants if you want to float them and use them for fry hiding areas. Shrimp love to chill in em too, eating away the trash on them.

I WANT to say Anubias, but I'm not entirely sure. Beautiful plant nonetheless.

Anyway, that's my little underwater jungle, hope you guys enjoy (:.

Last edited by Mosake; 01-25-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Algae Grower

my beautiful fluval

I don't know which I enjoy more, your great tank or your great, cheery attitude toward its contents.

Being crazy keeps me from going insane.
Canon Pimp Club #33
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Planted Member

Talking

i have the same tank and most of my plants died and it was overrun withb hair algie

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Mosake
Haha, thanks Little Bob! Although it took some effort getting everything the way I wanted I really enjoyed putting it together, it's very relaxing to watch what goes on in there when I'm sitting on my desktop doing work.

@Greeneye, dang m8 sorry to hear that, whenever you have algae problems make sure you do water changes, and get yourself some algae eaters in there. Having a lot of plants in there also helps because they out compete the algae for the resources they need to grow, granted that you have them there before and you have proper lighting and CO2 of course.

Whenever I see even the smallest algae spot in this tank I instantly get that magfloat out and start scrubbing them walls. Hope my info helps if you decide to start it up again!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Planted Member

its still up and running i got the algea problem taken kare or thankx for the info i just rescaped with a new piece of driftwood there are some wendtii in there now with more on the way ill post a pic if i can figure out how
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Planted Member

also the betta is really awsome and i have a 50\50 10w light cause the one that came with it took a dump do u think i should add more

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode