Aquarium NA 90cm - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquarium NA 90cm

Hello to you all,

After a first draft with an aquarium of 110cm, I'll move to something more pro.

I've been seeing different brands and products to choose something with quality. Among the choices are the ADA and ELOS and NA(naturalaquario.com).

Starting at the aquarium I opted for the 90cm because of the space available in the house.

The aquarium of 90cm ADA costs 490eur extra-clear glass, the ELOS not have that size tank, but the system for an 70cm aquarium system is 1812.51eur and is complete but does not include light system, at those prices , only for the Italians, lol. NA aquarium cost 150.52eur extra clear and 72.19eur for the regular glass. It is clear by what I chose, the NA normal glass! Do not know if the quality of the aquarium will have the ADA, but the quality is quite good of NA and I have no complaint, and extra-clear glass makes a big difference in the aquarium photos, but who see with the naked eye the difference is not so much and did not justify the price.

Then for the mobile/wood cabinet, ELOS because we know the prices so forget about it, and the ADA did not find for sale in Portugal but in italy 565eur costs, and even if it is available in Portugal would surely not have the quality that NA does, because it has the frieze stainless steel in the mobile and cost only 198.27eur, and what everyone saw good reviews for furniture made ​​of NA.

I'll try to post the developments of the project, later i put photos ...

cumps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

the photos that i promise i here now:

For now it is just the wood cabinet, that i'm by the way very happy with it. I decided to order the cabinet allready prepared for a saltwater aquarium, there are some holes when i decided to get into the salt system, and there is also some empty space for the SUMP.

I have two more photos to post, the Arm to hold the light system and the protective foam.

The Arm to hold the light system of the NA is hollow square tube unlike the ADA that is round, but it's just a detail, because the functionality is the same and aesthetics itself is not very different I think. The Arm to hold the light system of the ADA as I know, it's massive pipe, and the price is also massive: D, but turns out to be tougher and not give the weight of light system, let's see how the NA behaves.

here are the pictures:

I already have placed the aquarium, and I am already imagining the aquarium set up, but there is still some time, I still have to put the light system, and buy some products. Can't wait to have it water full..

Here are the photos ....

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here i have more photos, the light system. This is 2xAqua Sun 2 with 150W 8000k lamp, they are pure Stainless Steel, that cost me 2x154,15eur + 24,59eur(lamp) from NA(naturalaquario.com). The ADA light system is much more expensive (412eur in Portugal), and the reflector is not as good as NA, and ADA is only painted aluminum. Even if NA is not so good at marketing and product finishing is not so delicate, the prices and functionality does do their job, i for the price of 1 ADA, i got 2 from NA.
I bought 2x150W and you may think that for a 90cm aquarium is too much, and that true, but like i said Iím planning for a Reef system in the future, so i decided to speed up the process, and i which a fast growing aquarium.
some photos:

Next will be the hardscape, not decided yet what to use or do about...
cumps

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here i have more photos, the light system. This is 2xAqua Sun 2 with 150W 8000k lamp, they are pure Stainless Steel, that cost me 2x154,15eur + 24,59eur(lamp) from NA(naturalaquario.com). The ADA light system is much more expensive (412eur in Portugal), and the reflector is not as good as NA, and ADA is only painted aluminum. Even if NA is not so good at marketing and product finishing in not so delicate, the prices and functionality does do their job, i for the price of 1 ADA, i got 2 from NA.

I bought 2x150W and you may think that for a 90cm aquarium is too much, and that true, but like i said Iím planning for a Reef system in the future, so i decided to speed up the process, and i which a fast growing aquarium.

some photos:

Next will be the hardscape, not decided yet what to use or do about...

cumps
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
I like this! modern..superclean
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
beautiful tank!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
GDP
Banned

PTrader: (5/100%)
lol this makes me want an all ADA setup even more (I know its not ADA, but really reminds me of it). Seriously I cant wait to see this build.

Canon Pimp Club #026
Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I only give advice based on first hand knowledge or from the knowledge of others. If im wrong please let me know.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
I like this build so far as well. It's visually appealing, clean and tastefully done. I'm curious to see how this turns out. The lights clearly remind me of a company that sells awesome tanks and soil.

Dan

Last edited by dantra; 02-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Verrrrrrrry sexy

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Wow what an ADA knock off. Im suprised ADA doesent sue them for ripping off their design. Its a clone of the original product. Too bad they dont sell this stuff here. The Mr Aqua/GLA doesent even compare to the ADA quality so there is only little competition for ADA here. I woud love to be able to buy two pendants that look like ADA for the price of one. Then I could replace the lights I have now. Even the name and logo is ripped off from the original ADA design.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIMOBALL View Post
Wow what an ADA knock off. Im suprised ADA doesent sue them for ripping off their design. Its a clone of the original product. Too bad they dont sell this stuff here. The Mr Aqua/GLA doesent even compare to the ADA quality so there is only little competition for ADA here. I woud love to be able to buy two pendants that look like ADA for the price of one. Then I could replace the lights I have now. Even the name and logo is ripped off from the original ADA design.
Sorry, but i don't agree with you. NA is not trying to copy ADA. NA i think have learn with ADA and now is trying to put products even better than ADA, at cheaper prices. My light system from NA is stainless steel , ADA ARE NOT! The ADA wood stand also don't have stainless steel, and so on, and so on. At first site seams like a copy, but every single product is different from ADA.

Anxiety increases to fill the pot.

Everything indicates that it will be this weekend ... I can not wait to see the algae grow...

I leave here some pictures of the material that I use for the setup ...

natural aquarium Yamaya Stone

natural aquarium Old Wood

See you next weekend ...

cumps
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
sweet!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
This looks awesome! Can't wait to see a finished hardscape!!

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIMOBALL View Post
You make a valid point here. I think NA would beat ADA if they would lightly etch on the bottom right side of the tank NA and not put a sticker like ADA does.

In any case it is still a very nice looking set up and very clean looking. I wish a company like GLA or MR. Aqua like you mentioned would make products like ADA and NA does, they can call it USA

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
May I ask what are in these little NA boxes you have here on the table?

Also, I think you lighting is a bit to high, in watts not height....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode