GDP
Banned

PTrader: (5/100%)
3G Shrimpsville

Tank: Marineland 3g
Filter: Tetra Whisper
Substrate: Carribsea Tahitan Moon Sand
Light: Tetra 16 LED Lamp

Description: Just bought this today from petsmart. Actually went there to buy a light for my 5g I just setup in the living room. But they didnt have just the LED light so I bought this and was going to put the light from this one in the living room tank. But I just couldnt help myself lol. I will have to buy a light fixture online for the other one.

Anyway I figured I will house some very specific PFRs in this tank to get them to breed super awsome PFRs. Should be interesting to see what happens. They will get remineralized RO/DI water, same as my CRS.

Taken with my driod X so forigve the grainy look. Not too bad though for a cell phone I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #026
Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I only give advice based on first hand knowledge or from the knowledge of others. If im wrong please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Nice. I want a small tank around 3-5 gallons to setup somewhere in the house other than the fish room. Just haven't jump on it yet.

Was this a kit or was everything separate.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
GDP
Banned

Yeah this is right next to my computer (where I spend most of my time) and wanted something to look at. And its a kit, minus the rocks and substrate of course. Its acrylic which is really nice for viewing until it scratches lol.

Also macro mode pics:

Canon Pimp Club #026
Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I only give advice based on first hand knowledge or from the knowledge of others. If im wrong please let me know.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Nice rocks you've got there. Good luck with the selective breeding.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
GDP
Banned

Thanks. I let my original PFRs kinda go and their offspring arnt really PFRs anymore lol. This is one of the last originals I believe. The others died here and there. I mean I could just buy more PFRs but I want to see if I can get them back to really red.

Canon Pimp Club #026
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Should be able to breed them out fairly easily. I still haven't had mine breed, lol. These things are driving me bonkers. I just moved them all to a 10g and decided to see how that works out. Got 10 coming in the mail tomorrow/Tuesday.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
GDP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
Should be able to breed them out fairly easily. I still haven't had mine breed, lol. These things are driving me bonkers. I just moved them all to a 10g and decided to see how that works out. Got 10 coming in the mail tomorrow/Tuesday.
Dang thats crazy. Mine have just recently stopped. Probably because the filter broke on the 10g and its litterally still water, no water changes, nothing lol. Well except food sometimes. Im also getting shrimp on tuesday, check my 20G thread wednesday or so.

Canon Pimp Club #026
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Hey! Are you covering the intake to the whisper internal filter with something? Are you planning on putting more moss in? There's very little biofilm for the shrimps right now

Fish Shrimp tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ.・゚*。・+☆
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
GDP
Banned

Yeah the intake has sponge in it. I piece that fits into the housing bay of the pump. And yeah im feeding them with food till the biofilm develops.

Canon Pimp Club #026

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode