Cynths 40B red crystals and golden - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Cynths 40B red crystals and golden

So one of my EBI tanks was over flowing with red crystals so I set them up in a 40B. I guess it's time they get their own thread.

They are all doing well so far and I am starting to see some moults. The plants are starting to grow well though the shrimp are eating the ground cover plant I started in the front of the tank.

Saturdays are spinach days and they love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Great looking shrimp and fissidens

current:

| retired:

|
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/80%)
Awesome! I just got in 6 S-SS grade CRS/CBS from a RAOK and they seem to be doing great with the RCS. Hopefully they'll explode in my EBI like yours did.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
What kind of moss is in the back?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
Great looking shrimp and fissidens
Thanks I really like the fissidens in this tank. I have apparently two other types of fissidens and they don't look as nice as this one does. One of them grows really tall and is a different shade of green and the other is bright green and grows to a medium length but looks "messed up" its not as tidy looking as this smaller fissidens is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondTheMoonBear View Post
Awesome! I just got in 6 S-SS grade CRS/CBS from a RAOK and they seem to be doing great with the RCS. Hopefully they'll explode in my EBI like yours did.
That is awesome! I was given my start of crystals too. I hope yours produce well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwheeler91 View Post
What kind of moss is in the back?
The moss in the back corner is Christmas moss.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

2/18/2012 update

The moss is growing in well, I really like this type of fissidens it looks so "neat & groomed".

The name of this ground cover escapes me at the moment but the crystals LOVE it. They eat off the leaves leaving it looking like I need to weed wacker it.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

3/23/2012 update

Both EBI tanks are gone! All crystals into 40B to simply my "fish Saturdays". I did find a purpose for one of the stock filters from the EBI tanks; I use it to pump water from my "holding tank" to my 40B. It works super sweet, water goes in slow and there is no stress on the shrimp and no disturbance of the substrate. Currently the plants from the EBI tanks are in the holding tank, but I will use them soon in a new 20 long I plan on putting up in my kitchen for the yellow shrimp. That will allow me to take down 2 eclipse 6 tanks and will make things easier to maintain.

I also sold all my cherry shrimp and took down the 12 gallon eclipse from the "storage room" and put the two otto's from that tank into the 40B. One of them acts fine but this one is not amused and spends a lot of time sitting on the substrate instead of on the glass.

The fissidens in this tank is the kind I wanted from the first time I saw a picture of it. It took me several purchases to get the "correct" fissidens however. So I have some really long fissdens, medium fissidens and the neat and tidy fissidens.

And now onto random tank shots

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Shrimpsanity

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Looking good Cynth. That clover looking ground cover that you like is called Hydrocotyle Tripartia. I have some too, it looks cool IMO.

|ShrimpTech|
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
Looking good Cynth. That clover looking ground cover that you like is called Hydrocotyle Tripartia. I have some too, it looks cool IMO.
Thanks, I can never remember its name. Do your shrimp eat it? Mine keep mowing it down (and they are very well fed) so it must be super tasty.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh and all the funky colored shrimp I hope to have gone by the end of April. I have company vising me for the next 3 weekends and a local aquarium club swap meet on April 21. All culls left after the 21 of April will be captured and sold.

My shrimp have just now started to molt again after a long break this winter. So I want the badly colored ones outta there before they reproduce.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9

Tags
red crystals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode