45 Gallon Blue Angelfish. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
45 Gallon Blue Angelfish.

So its been months, but finally i am at the point where the tank is in my house and being setup and cycled. My new Fluval 305 worked for about about 24 hours with help then completely died on me, so now i need to find myself a new filter- but in the mean time i am using my old internal Fluval filter to help the water settle and take out some of the dust from the sand.
I have most of my equipment but have to order some other parts till i can have it fully planted.

Equipment:
36" AquaticLife T5HO 2x 36 watt
Seachem black flourite sand
45 gallon Bowfront Premium Fluval aquarium
5lbs. Pressured CO2
Fluval 200 Watt heater
Penn Plax 1000 canister filter
Intense Bazooka CO2 diffuser
Dry Ferts

Fauna:
2 Cobalt Blue angelfish
3 Keyhole Cichlids
1 Red flame Dwarf gourami
6 Rummynose tetras
8 Harlequin rasboras
7 Panda Corys
3 Siamese algae eaters
1 Red Onion Nerite
1 Albino BN long fin Pleco

PICTURES COMING SOON!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Retired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
-Davey the Bearded dragon.
-Couple little rescue lap dogs: Boots and Teddy.
-2 Holland lop house rabbits- Percy and Pippen.

Last edited by Bree; 04-09-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a quick plan of how i am going to be attempting to layout my aquarium:

My question is: My aquarium is looking really dark and i am guessing it is due to the black sand. So i was wondering what is the best way to put a clear split in the middle where i can layout white sand?

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The following are my two new cobalt blue angelfish, they cost a pretty penny, but if they make it my god they are worth it!

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They were shipped in yesterday and had to wait at the airport all night, so a little stressed out, but they are eating, socializing and swimming well!

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Very pretty! I have 9 blue angelfish of all different varieties. They are called philippine blues here. The variety you have is called a philippine blue ghost. You will love them, they get more and more blue as they age! Good luck with your beautiful angelfish!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)
What gorgeous fish!

16 Gallon Spec
Flora: Christmas moss, Buce plants, anubias, Bocapa monnieri, Marimo Moss Balls, Repens, Crypt wendtii
Fauna: Pseudomugil luminatus, Habrosus corys, Honey gourami, Blue Velvet Shrimp, Amanos, Nerite

Eheim Pimp Club Member #498
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

CO2 still isn't setup, haven't gotten the plants in so have just stuck some random plants in there for now, it looks horrible but thought i would update you all. ^^

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Your new angelfish are beautiful, and I look forward to seeing your tank project progress
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
wow so stunning~!!!!

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This is one of the worst updates i could make:

I woke up yesterday morning to find both my angels, all rummynose, and Siamese algae eaters as well as 1 panda cory, keyhole cichlids dead.
The water checked out, as well as the temp. and everything else, so i can only imagine it was a power shortage and/or CO2 built up- although i have no CO2 running in that tank- ever.

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
So sorry to hear!

Is anything tripped(power wise)?

Bolivian Rams make everything better.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
that is soooooo terrible!!! damn crossing fingers for a good rebound!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well i thought maybe the power went out for a few hours as that happens all the time here, however i have it set so that when ever the power does go out an alarm starts beeping- which didn't happen...

The fish that were still mostly alive sparked up as soon as i brought the water down so the filter splashed and i added a bubbler...Which is why it must have been CO2 build up but... That just seems crazy, i have toons of plants in there that should have taken up CO2 during the day an what not...?

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)
As someone who also lives in a place where it's hard to get nice fish affordably, I feel for you. That really sucks. Maybe someone sprayed something? Maybe something fell in the tank? what the heck? I don't know. I don't understand how it can be co2 either... but... i don't know. I hope this project is still on.

and uh, before i read the rest of the thread, i was going to say this:

if you want to put a clear split, take some clear thin plastic (ie those plastic folders) and stick them in the substrate to divide off where you want the white sand. secure with stones, etc. Carefully siphon that sand away and pour the white sand in. I'd leave the dividers in while you scape then remove them after.

RAOK club #37

|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode