and I built a new light suspension system... $20 from HD.. more effective co2 diffuser.
ordered some 1000cfm worth of 12vDC fans and building a 10a power supply with temperature probe.
a few notes. this tank started out with 216 watts t5ho over it... then I put 500 watts worth of metal halide over it.
1) growth obviously is pretty damn quick... you can literally sit and watch any of the stalk plants grow. It's fascinating...
2) I have been through a LOT of co2 however the average reading is the same... ~30-45 mg/L.
the bubble counter will make you puke. SO the Flora is actually using the majority of the vast amount (we'll say 20bbs...) of co2. pH is not dropping past 6.6... regardless of co2 input (realistically)
3) ei dosing... been a little over doubled it exactly.. (+/-.06g/L)
4) it works... I have a piped soil layer... which basically means I have enabled the substrate to feed the column for a while.
our water SUCKS in the country (country water company... sub-div wont allow personal wells...) therefore the water is cloudy as usual...
only gripe... a little cyano in the corners/front but nothing a little h2o2/wc wont fix.
Here it is now...
here's how it started..
and that is all.