Mr.Jweb's beginner High tech 10 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Mr.Jweb's beginner High tech 10 gallon

New to the realm of planted tanks but not aquariums. I finally got the motivation to start a strictly planted tank based off of some advice from my LFS. I'll start off small and if it works well I'll move what I learn to my main display tank.

Starting with some old equipment that I had laying around from previous reef setups and going from there. Tell me what you think.

Basic 10 gallon

Fluval 205
Coralife PC setup with 96 watt with 6k bulbs (8 hours a day)
Fluval 150watt heater (73 degrees)

20lbs Eco Complete http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...87&pcatid=9087
2lbs Black Aquarium Sand
4 small pots of Micro Sword
4 small pots of Dwarf Hairgrass
2 Anubias Nana's attached to driftwood via brown thread
4 other assorted 'bunches' of plants.

4 Zebra Nerita Snails
5 Neon Tetras
2 small algae eaters ( I don't recall there name, but I was told they won't get much bigger then about an inch)

The tank has been setup now for about a week now. All my conditions are fine and I believe that I'm ending my 'cycle' period. Things are going well and the plants are still as green as they were when I put them in. Fish and inverts are also doing well. The snails seem to moving very well around the tank!

Today I picked up a few products to begin dosing, but have no idea which and when I should use. Some help on the subject would be greatly appreciated! I want to eventually begin to use C02 but for now I'll be dosing with liquid ferts.

Some pictures. I'm still deciding what to do with the intake and outakes. Lily tubes may be in my future but I would love to find something local.

The Business end:

Help which should I use and when?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
From what I know, Flourish Excel and API CO2 Booster is probably the same thing. So I'd only dose one of those. Since you're trying to propagate the hairgrass you'd probably wanna dose the carbon every day. I'm pretty sure the Flourish tabs are the same ingredients as Flourish so you'd only use one or the other as well. And without any fauna yet, limit the WC to once a week to give the ferts the maximum time in the water column.

Fish Shrimp tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ.・゚*。・+☆
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode