During the week my manifolds arrived from aquacave and after hunting down the right fitting (thank you rona) i was able to finally get pressurized co2 to the kitchen. My 29 gallon tank has its power fed from a storage area under the stairs through an open ventilation duct, so i ran the co2 line from the tank on a shelf above the duct, through the storage area, then through the wall into a kitchen cabinet, and finally onto the alcove the tanks are on.
heres the tank w/ one manifold
and the second manifold to split between the two 9.8 gallons
I set them up with chopsticks for a diffuser for a day, then i got the news i had friday off so i made a pilgrimage to J and L for some equipment.
25 Watt Jager Heater x2
75 Watt Jager heater (to replace broken rena smart heater)
Co2 Indicator x2
Small 3 in 1 Ceramic Disc Diffuser x2
Large 3 in 1 Ceramic Disc Diffuser
Maxijet 400 x2
Pretty much i got all the loose ends i've had on my to buy list for a while.
heres a new heater and a diffuser hidden
the Co2 indicators, love how easy they are to fill, makes up for them being a bit larger than i'd like. Theres one of the baby PFRs swimming by it.
and a full grown PFR
and the powerheads were installed to replace the HOBs. With my tanks being planted, and not overloaded, a sponge prefilter should be able to handle the bio load without issues, since theres plenty of surface area and plenty of current aswell. Plus with them being upside down, they help skim away film, and make it a breeze to clean the prefilter. Plus they create heat, which allows me to use a slightly underrated heater for my tank size. Once i switched out the filters, i had little shrimpies swimming everywhere.
and a full tank shot (and my sons' drawing on the wall >.< ), i switched a couple plants around in the guppy tank and added some Anubias barteri 'Petite'
now i need to get back onto my EI dosing regime and fine tune my co2. My laziness has caused me a bit of algae in some tanks.