ADA 120P Geophagus biotope build. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (36/97%)
Send a message via AIM to screename
ADA 120P Geophagus biotope build.

Any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to create a simple and minimal tank with emphasis on the FISH yet trying to stay as close to being region accurate as possible.

-Tank ADA 120p Overflow with ADA stand.
-Lighting: TEK 6 bulb with Giesemann bulbs 2 Actinics and 4 Middays
-Filtration: ADA ES 600EX with ADA Lily Pipes and Wet Dry with Eheim 1262 pump. Hydor inline 300w heater connected to the ADA filter and an Eheim secondary Heater in the wet dry.
-Scaping materials= Pool filter sand, manzanita wood, and brown rocks.

Livestock: 12 WC Red Head Tapajos, 20 Lazer Green Cories, Plecos (adonis, gold nugget, snowball, leopard), 30 lemon tetras.

thishig how i feeoijhg right now!

Any advice on the scaping and also I am trying to mess around with the bulb configuration. The reds are coming out just the way I want it on the geos but the rest of the speckles on the body are just not "popping"????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Looks pretty awesome to me. If only you had two ada solar/grand solar you would have a full ada setup which would be super awesome....

I envy your tank.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)
Your tank looks amazing, and I think you have a great setup. When I had my Geos (sp. Bahia Red) I was using a 6500k and 10000k combination and their colors really popped. They were not as red as yours, but the iridescence/pearl look of their fins came out really well with that. Hope that helps.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks Amazing, Maybe take out the rock on the far Left?

"Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom"
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Amazing looking tank! Is this the 120P that comes with a built-in overflow? This is the first time I've seen in it action.

Personally, I'd remove all the rocks. They look out of place. The driftwood gives enough interest on its own.

Tony

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like your setup I'm trying something similar myself. I am trying to do it a little bit planted though. my geos are still small, bout 2 inches, so my hope is that the plants will drop their roots far enough to anchor themselves before the geos are big enough to really toss them up. I love the driftwood and how the lemon tetras seem to hang out in it. Are you planning on trying to add some plants at all?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
I have toyed with doing a similar setup as well, a nicely done hard scape can be really striking as yours is. Great looking fish! I am not very familiar with the biotope exactly but maybe some almond leaves scattered would look nice and add some different texture than the sand?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
I would put the wood on the other side to hide the overflow box more and move all the rocks to the left side with it leaving the right side minimalist

maybe also wrap some moss onto some of the branches of wood, perhaps also tie some more leafy plants towards the base of the wood and on some of the branches this would help hide the overflow box further and build a natural minimal look while not changing your whole focus to plants as they won't be rooted in any substrate just tied on the wood
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Great looking tank! Any pics of the Gold Nugget?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
thats alot of light! any plants going in? and it looks great!
hiding the over flow does seem like a good choice..
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 AM
mot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
This is a great hardscape. I agree with liam to move the rock on the left. Maybe put it next to the other one on the right.

-JP

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode