Up! Drop Checker
Ebay Diffuser
Pressurized CO2

Rotala Rotundiflora
Ludwigia Red
Dwarf HC

Most recent

In the beginning

Last edited by TexasCichlid; 01-09-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)
Decided to rescape a bit. Trimmed the rotala back and replanted the tops. HC is spreading nicely. Moved the rotala to the back behind the driftwood. Everything is growing nicely. Have some Fissidens coming in that I will tie to the top of the driftwood "arch" and some anubias nana petites I will tie to the shadier spots up front on the driftwood. Also got a new camera for Christmas. Well, I gave one to my wife. That counts too I think though?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Nice, fishy looks happy too. I took my Finnex out of service but pressed it back into action after buying some cherry shrimp I have been wanting to stock in a larger tank so until it is ready they are going in the Finnex but with frequent water changes. It is a much more subdued tank than what it was but I still like it a lot. It's a great little tank too bad the betta can be hit or miss with shrimp else it would look nice with some colorful shrimp in there. Any information or pics on the CO2 setup?

The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-RETIRED
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 06/2012

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

Victor HPT 272
Burkert solenoid
Ideal 52-1-12 needle valve
5# tank from aquariumplants.com

Regulator was used from maknwar on one of his tanks. I have some clithion coronas coming as well as an amano shrimp I will be testing out. I wish I could keep cherries in there, but I think he's going to be too aggressive for them. He's always actively hunting the substrate for food he might have missed. Honestly I'd like to turn this into a shrimp tank, but not sure what I'd do with the betta - esp since he's so happy in there.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
I got 50/50 lucky. We have one store bought betta that is aggressive as heck with anything you put in the tank, including plants. The other though is a breeder bought and he does not mind. Every now and then he flares but he is all show. I have six amano, two ghost, an oto and rubber nose pleco and he gets along with the lot of them.

The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

-RETIRED

- 06/2012

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Beautiful setup, I love the centerpiece!

Not sure if the Betta would get along with the RCS, it would be awesome, red would look great on black.

My Betta seems to react to color. You could always throw in a couple larger shrimps in first to test it out.

I think a small group will survive with plenty of hiding spots. I would get some bamboo charcoal tubes as hiding places for the shrimp to spread out underneath the wood. That along with the HC carpet (once they grow out a bit more) should be more than sufficient.

Also do you have a lid? When agitated the RCS will jump out of the tank.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

HC is growing like wildfire. Did a trim on the ludwigia today. Got some Fissidens onto the driftwood a couple days ago along with some anubias petite.

Also, saw my first pearling with the HC today. Betta was curious whether or not it was food.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

Betta jumped out of the tank and died, and I lost every shred of carpet after a several day blackout trying to combat spirogyra. Spirogyra lived, regardless. Tank has been torn down for the time being.

Tags
finnex newb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode