My 75g Split shrimp tank project - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/91%)
My 75g Split shrimp tank project

So after setting up three 20g longs and four 10g I figured I would break down and do a journal on this project. It is a 75g Oceanic tank I have had in storage alittle while figured my first step was to get it filled with water outside and let it set a few days to make sure it is still in good shape before I bring it in the building and go full blown on it lol better for it to leak outside then inside.
Going to have a peice of glass 1/4 inch thick cut and silconed in for the divider in the middle planning on have CBS on one side and CRS on the other I know the divider is not needed but it makes catching them alot easier then haveing cbs/crs all in the same tank and the glass was only $19 lol.
The stand will be a DIY made to fit the tank and have room below it for four more 10g down the road and will have a light bar made across the top to hold a 48" diamond plate shop light from home depot.
The substrate will be Akadama and I am going to build Mordalphus DIY UGF for both sides and instead of useing a powerhead I am going to hook my HoB (Fulval C-3) right in to the UGF. Also going to have a large sponge filter which will be air driven on each side too.
Since it will be a shrimp only tank I will jus have driftwood and java moss for plants.
Hoping to have it up and running by the weekend will update the post as I go along and welcome any suggestion or comments on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Well woke up this morning to a small pin hole leak so ..... I have no choice but to scrape and reseal the whole tank not something I am looking forward to never done it before but luckly its an Oceanic 75g with 3/8 glass so I am thinking (hoping) it wont be to bad but certainly not something I am looking forward to. Will post pics of the reseal job.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

So resealed the tank (used RTV108 GE silicone) let it cure for 48 hours then filled it for 48 hours and just drained it today and added the divider glass in it and plan on refilling tomorrow (figure 24 hours cure time is enough for the little bit of silicone I used on the divider glass) and let it sit for 3 or 4 more days before I bring it inside.

Did get the stand built for it heres a picture tell me what you think.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
What happened to this tank? I was looking forward to more then as I scroll down.. BOOM! Nothing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fraternity of Dirt #165
CR500 Rider, RIDE RED
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 03:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessAquarist View Post
What happened to this tank? I was looking forward to more then as I scroll down.. BOOM! Nothing
+1
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 03:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Will be doing this when colonies are set. Currently have a few 75s divided down middle, just have to wait.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode