LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Emersed Iwagumi - Angel's Landing

Inspiration:

HC Planted:

Emersed growing for the next couple of months:

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Not bad. Like the tank. Finnex 4g?

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Not bad. Like the tank. Finnex 4g?
Thanks! Yes, it is a Finnex 4g. I have the tank tipped up at an angle and an entire 3L bag of Aquasoil in it... It should have an extreme amount of depth from back to front once it's tipped upright.

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking good, nice start.
Why are you injecting CO2 though?

Plant something...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeocaridinaCollector View Post
Looking good, nice start.
Why are you injecting CO2 though?
It's a modified version of dry start that I'm trying. Basically, you fill the water a little higher than usual so it is swampy (notice the foreground how only the tops of the HC are out of the water), then you keep a tight seal and inject a small amount (1bps) of Co2 into the tank.

This should reproduce swampy conditions and give you faster growth. At least, that's the theory. The other method involves poking holes in the plastic wrap to allow gas exchange, but I'd rather keep the moisture and humidity up and keep a high level of Co2 in the air.

We'll see in a few weeks if this works faster or slower than a normal dry start.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool... seems like a good experiment
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Small update - it was too wet and I got rid of the Co2 - not needed. The HC really died in spots but it is growing back healthy now. I think the die off is normal whenever you transplant HC:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I saw from your other thread that you switched the light to innovative LED for this tank(i believe its the same tank, looks like it from the photo). How do you think this light would do for a mINI-M? I went on their site but I could not pull up the PAR readings for the utility light. I want to eventually upgrade the lighting that I currently have on my mini-m. its a 13w pc but its too short and doesn't over the whole tank. mini-m is approx 14 x10 x8. I am really interested in going with leds from now on, due to their low-profile and less energy consumption. they also last alot longer. let me know

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode