Blade's 125gallon ***updated pics 4/15/05** - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Blade's 125gallon ***updated pics 4/15/05**

I've had the empty tank for quite some time now and decided to get going on it last night.

Here is what it looked like as of last night

I am painting it today and after that I want to get some sand in from a couple of tanks I am taking down, get it filled, and start the filters.

I have decided on featuring some Altum (wild caught) Angels

Last edited by Blade; 04-14-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:29 PM

Good luck with the new tank. Can you share a source for the P. Altums? I'll be in the market for some in a couple months. I keep seeing that confused look whenever I ask locally in Phoenix.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2ktj
Good luck with the new tank. Can you share a source for the P. Altums? I'll be in the market for some in a couple months. I keep seeing that confused look whenever I ask locally in Phoenix.

I found them at a local LFS in Portland. I'll ask if they ship the next time I am in. I know liveaquaria.com says they are coming soon. Although the site said that last July as well.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

I got the tank cleaned and painted.

Next up, sand, get the design foundations (rock & wood) put in, fill it and get the equipment running.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...fm?pCatId=1178

Here is a link to the Altum Angels for sale at Liveaquaria. I've ordered from other fish from them twice and had a good experience.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Wow, what an improvement a bit of elbow grease has made!

I envy you "big tank" guys. ...so many more options when you make the jump to 100+ gallons.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I added sand, the center piece, and some rocks

My next goal is to get the water clear and add some additional moss. I decided to do not like the size of the rocks in proportion to the root so I will be replacing them with larger rocks.

I think I want to add 50 more pounds of sand.

I put two female dwarf cockatoo cichlids in for cycling. This will work out nicely as I wanted to get a M/F pair which I will add as well making for a nice 1M:3F ratio.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

Nice looking tank!

If you want to make a trip north or pay for shipping I have a few tank buster (jungle val) and SA plants.

Moved to Tucson.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRam
Nice looking tank!

If you want to make a trip north or pay for shipping I have a few tank buster (jungle val) and SA plants.
Thanks. I haven't decided what type of plants I want to use yet. I have decided that I will either be sticking with one family + jave moss & fern or using like 5 different plant types.

I placed an order today for 9 more portions of jave moss once I get that added I will be looking to attack Java fern.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

I put a bid on for some dwarf cichlids on Aquabid. The seller is out of Oregon as well which was nice. I bid on a pair of Red Cockatoo's which will go nicely with the two females I have in there for cycling and a pair of Apistogramma bittaeniata. The auctions don't end for a week which + shipping time will be a good time to add a few more fish.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

I changed the rocks and added some additional java moss. The water is more clear except for the tanis as a result of the roots. I thought it would bother me but I actually like the way it looks.

For some reason I can't seem to figure out they are loading at like 3x normal size. I will just do links instead

Last edited by Blade; 04-14-2005 at 11:49 PM.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Wannabe Guru

I am sure you know your LFS but I would like to recommend one in Beaverton. I had good experience on two occasions and the fish are doing great. The have healthy rams and apistos on both visits. With any wild fish (Altums, discus, rams) I would politely recommend a quarientine tank. They can pick up and distribute a number of unsavory things which are easier to catch and treat in a small tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
I put a bid on for some dwarf cichlids on Aquabid. The seller is out of Oregon as well which was nice. I bid on a pair of Red Cockatoo's which will go nicely with the two females I have in there for cycling and a pair of Apistogramma bittaeniata. The auctions don't end for a week which + shipping time will be a good time to add a few more fish.

Moved to Tucson.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

I don't think I have been to any in Beaverton, do you happen to remember the name?

was it this one?

WESTERN PET SERVICE
6908 SW BEAVERTON HLSDL
PORTLAND, OR9722
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

The store is very small and named Thriving Discus. http://www.thrivediscus.com/

Moved to Tucson.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Ok I'm an idiot. I just now realized that aquabotonic is all for 30 minutes from me, this after placing an order 3 days ago.

I moved a boesemani rainbow from a 55 gallon to the 125 giving in it's third inhabitant. It's been up almost a week now and I used already cycled sand so I 'm sure the tank is ready.

Last edited by Blade; 04-14-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode