plecostomouses 65L - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
plecostomouses 65L

so i rescaped my 65L

how long will the wood leech the tannins? i have never had this happen to me.

comments are appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
My tank was tea colored for a while maybe 6 months or so but I like the color, it makes it look more natural. The tank looks nice, what are you using for substrate?

BTW, The color does show in the photo.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I had a much larger piece of wood than yours, it leeched for less than 6 months, but I did soak it in the tub for like a month before it went into the tank. I'm also wondering what your substrate is? Looks great.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Purigen will clear those tannins right up!

Fish Shrimp tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ.・゚*。・+☆
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks im not to worried about tannins i just dont wont them to get worse.
im using aquabasis with river sand

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

update.

thanks for the ambulia [email protected] ill have to return the favour.

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

update:

comments?

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

seriously?
not even any critisism?

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Algae Grower

Thumbs up

Looks Good, Any Chance of a straight on FTS?

"Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom"
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Algae Grower

People never comment on my journal either. So this is a 17 gallon tank? It looks much much smaller than that. I would take out any of the sword like plant thats growing in the substrate around your driftwood and whatever those grass like clumps are near your filter, it looks messy. A thick short carpet of something like HC would look very nice and make the tank look bigger instead of all the vertical plant height you have going. Is the moss screen staying there or are you going to put is against a wall?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagemee View Post
People never comment on my journal either. So this is a 17 gallon tank? It looks much much smaller than that. I would take out any of the sword like plant thats growing in the substrate around your driftwood and whatever those grass like clumps are near your filter, it looks messy. A thick short carpet of something like HC would look very nice and make the tank look bigger instead of all the vertical plant height you have going. Is the moss screen staying there or are you going to put is against a wall?
mmm i see what you mean, my only problem is my lighting isnt high enough to creat something that grows short and dense, that grass like plamt is dwarf sag and should tidy up soon as it was poor quality when i put it in, the moss is an effort to get a carpet going and is staying there.

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Planted Member

I really love the mixture of diffent greens! A red plant like a rotala rontundifolia would look sweet placed in there just behind the java fern and a little in front Vals but not blocking them!

The Fraternity of Dirt #56
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmikmaq View Post
I really love the mixture of diffent greens! A red plant like a rotala rontundifolia would look sweet placed in there just behind the java fern and a little in front Vals but not blocking them!
thanks for the idea! ill look into it

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

http://www.youtube.com/user/fishingnerd36?feature=mhee have a looksy at my youtube channel for vids on maintenence and junk

color="RoyalBlue">
sunsun pimp #62

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

YES! triangular compositions for the win! love the tank man. Did you trim down that ambulia? it was pretty tall compared to everything else IMO and would look nice trimmed down to match the triangular shape of the composition.

Im excited to see that moss grow through the netting as that will add a very nice texture to the front of the tank. Once again great job =)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode