A long time comming (pic heavy) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
A long time comming (pic heavy)

So first of all thank you to all the people here who have been so supportive and answered so many of my questions and provided me with clear advice over the last 2 years with this project. Most of my small tanks were blah and i always wanted to do a larger project where i could have some fun. Only problem was $$$ so i though i would do it on a dime so to speak.
I started off with some used equiptment which i had to play with to match my vision and after alot of watching the classfied i was able to slowly build everything together over 2 years. I took my time and started slow. Learned a few things along the way through trial and error and am proud to say that after one year everything has pretty much settled and aside from the weekly water changes and home made root fertilizer pellets every other month, it has handled itself. So here is my low work high tec tank. I hope you enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	358.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	38009  

Name:	371.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	38010  

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	38011  

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	38012  

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	38013  

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	38014  

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	38015  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Tank looks amazing! Awesome job. The bosemani's look great in there. Simple yet so admirable. Keep up the good work!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
This tank looks great! How long has it been set-up with the plants growing?

What would Honey Badger do?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Algae Grower

Great job, the paint job made such big difference.

I love boosies, I have never owned them, but maybe some day.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
It looks nice, what plants are in the tank? What fauna to, it looks like 7 Rainbows from what I can see?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

THanks for all the kind words!!! The tank has been set up for 11 months now. There are 8 B.Rainbows, 30+ amano shrimp and a farowella cat in there somewhere. I have 4Xamazon Swords, 1X Ocelot Sword, the center is spiral val and for crypts i have 3X red and ive been breaking up the wisilliX whenever it gets big. I cut out alot off the swords on a weekly basis and if anyone is near Niagara Falls i can give them free vals weekly. Im working on trying to make it a carpet out of the wisilliX but it grows slowly. Im tempted to add another type of fish, either a pair of rams and mabey a pair of blue/marble angels but i dont want to overwhelm the tank.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Gorgeous tank! Excellent work, love it!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

A year has past and everything seems to be still doing okay. I had a massive cryp melt off for no reason. Whole plants dissapeared in less than 48 hours. I left the roots alone as per some adivce i recieved here and im happy to say they have made a decnt comeback. I actually had to remove a half dozen or so plantlets. I wonder if they have a growing cycle or season? In another year ill see if it happens again around the same time. here is a video link. Thanks for looking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eej0Z...ature=youtu.be
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Gorgeous tank! Val's are one of my favorite plants! And I'm also waiting on my own swords to get that big! If your still looking to get rid of some Val's I'd be happy to pay shipping and then some for your trouble!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Nice tank I love the rainbows

Len

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode