RISEABOVE's 54g Corner. work in progress - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
RISEABOVE's 54g Corner. work in progress

little back story. i started my first planted tank almost 4 years ago. not knowing much i jus picked up some plants, sand, driftwood. stuck it all in my 55 long. the crypts did ok, my anubias just lived very slow growth, and whatever else went in died. started learning about co2 and lights, and never got around to upgrading due to money, loss of interest for awhile too. fast forward to recently. i got engaged and the fiance didnt like the look of the 55 long in the kitchen. she wanted me to downsize since i only had 5 fish left anyway. then we stumbled upon a 54g corner tank with stand and a TON of plastic decor. we picked it up for $60!!! it worked great, i didnt have to go smaller, she got the old tank out of the kitcen, and its looks 100 times better anyway. the tank and stand was oak colored, so outside with paint i went, paint the stand and the trim on the tank black, also painted the side black as well. after all of this, she gets a job and we have to move to an apartment. tank went on hold till last night. finally tore down the 55 long andsetup the corner tank. and WOW i love the corner setup.

you will notice in the back is ONE plastic decor piece. she wanted t in there for the kids. made the compromise. which actually worked well because im putting 2 kribensis in there, and i dont think it looks half bad. on the right side of the tank i use this plastic rock/cave piece that was flat on top to build a mound with the sand. planted my anubis inside the driftwood on the left, and spread my crypt out, and boy did i have a lot. wound up using about %60.

i thought for sure the fish would be stressed out, but they were all fully colored, even more so with the new lighting. and my gold barbs were loving the new space.

so heres what i have, and please feel free to add the exact names of the plants caus ei dont know anymore.

also opions welcomed for plant suggestions. there is a gab in the corner bhind the dcor i want put something n there, maybe a sword? think its lower light back there, hard ot tell with the water clarity.

Crypt
anubias
anacharis
another stem plant you cant see but ill get a better pic once tank is cleared up.
Caribsea tahitian moon sand
dosing excel
will start placing root tabs once i start picking up more plants

2x Gold barbs (i know theyre schooling fish, but these two are the ones left from a school 4 years ago, they seem to be male and female, and enjoy it. they have the most personality out of any fish ive had.

2x xray fish

1x german blue ram (picking up a mate soon)

picking up 2 kribs in the next week or two, once water seems ok.

equipment:

top fin HOB 60 (the nice thing about this is that its loud, loud enough to annoy the fiance to let me get a canister )

150w heater, works well since the house stays relativly warm, may add another depending how temps hold.

2x dual odyssea 24" t5 with 2 10k and 2 65k

DIY c02 going in today

sorry for the pics, was on my phone, and the water was still cloudy.
GBR hanging out in its new territory

right side of tank, hard to tell theres a mound,

center

left

FTS

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode