29 gallon Joy Low tech - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
29 gallon Joy Low tech

This is one of my first planted tanks. I have been messing around with different scapes. This is the latest so far. All my plants have came from Herns, Somewhatshocked, and Mikeswetpets from a certain Auction website. This tank is low tech with

*Coralife T5 2 Bulb fixture w/ 10,000k and Actinic
HOB rated for 30 gallons
Normal aquarium gravel seeded w/ Root Tabs
2 50W Heaters

I have the following Plants

Amazon Sword
Rosette Sword
Mixed Moss
Salvinia
Duck Weed
Ambulia
Lindernia sp India
Ludwigia x Arcuata
Ludwigia Lacustris
Ludwigia sp Rubin
Polygonum Kaw.
Red Myrio
And assorted Rotala

I currently have 4 Mickey Mouse Platys in the tank and nothing else. I seeded my Filter with Bio from my well cycled 45 gallon tank. Tank has been up for 3 weeks and I have already had the ammonia spike and it is now coming back down.

Like I said, I am new and I can't get these magnificent scapes yet, but I'm getting my feet wet!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Proud Momma of 1 Baby Girl, 8 Goats, 1 Horse, 10 Chickens, 2 Guineas,1 Rabbit, 2 Dogs, 1 Cat, 1 Hermit Crab, 4 Angel Fish, 16 Tetras and 2 Cory CatsOh, And a Hubby that understands my tank addiction! (Update! Since going planted he now SHARES my tank addiction!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

My Tree. I love my little tree even if it is homely. LMAO.

Proud Momma of 1 Baby Girl, 8 Goats, 1 Horse, 10 Chickens, 2 Guineas,1 Rabbit, 2 Dogs, 1 Cat, 1 Hermit Crab, 4 Angel Fish, 16 Tetras and 2 Cory CatsOh, And a Hubby that understands my tank addiction! (Update! Since going planted he now SHARES my tank addiction!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Still considering different things to do in here. Will have some Riccia and Dwarf Chain Swords coming in this week. I also got a ROAK from Fishly and I don't know what all will be in there, LOL> I am excited!! Will take more pics when I rescape again. Also considering what kind of Fishies to stock this with.

)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Just an update. I like this scape better, but everything is growing in and I may change it again soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us My stems:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us And my Cabomba that I LOVE:

)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

This tank now has 7 MM Platys and 2 paired Angelfish. Also assorted snails. I recently added Pennywort and Giant Hairgrass.

)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I like your tree too! Would love to see some pics of the Angelfish!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you! I will try and post some for you but usually all I get are angel butts, LOL>

)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Is that a dish drying towel thing under your fish tank? Why do you have that there? If your tank isn't resting firmly on that table you could run into some trouble later on down the road (cracks caused by glass stress, etc).

I think the tree would look a lot more like a tree if you were to bunch up the branches near the base to make some sort of trunk? Kinda looks like a bush now !

Congrats on your husband sharing your fish addiction!!!

Fish Shrimp tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ.・゚*。・+☆
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well, I actually have it there because the dresser that the tank is on is very old and I had it there to catch water whilst filling the tank. Stupid me forgot to take it out and the tank was full once I realized it. But,,, we are planning on building a tank rack so hopefully it will be moved soon. Thanks for the info though. As for the tree, I just call it a tree. I guess it is more like a bush. I may add on to it later. ;-)

)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yeah, my hubby is wanting a 125g now, LMBO.

)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode