What's the most expensive and rare fish in your tank? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
What's the most expensive and rare fish in your tank?

What's the most expensive and rare fish in your freshwater planted tank? Feel free to include pix.

Here's mine:
Leopard Frog Pleco (L134) Peckoltia sp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

PTrader: (11/100%)
No rare fish here however looking forward to seeing others responses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Me too! I accidentally opened this in the "Journal" category instead of "General Discussions". Hopefully a mod can move it to "General Discussions" for me so that more people can view it and add their input.

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
ShrimpRetirement

PTrader: (397/100%)
That's a SICK pleco dude! You should make everyone post up how much they paid as well. That'd be interesting to know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
That's a SICK pleco dude! You should make everyone post up how much they paid as well. That'd be interesting to know.
I was thinking the same thing. Like how much was your leopard pleco?

post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I paid $49.99 for it a few months ago.
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbrewer View Post
I paid $49.99 for it a few months ago.
Not bad.

I paid $200/pair at one point for these bad boys: Betta Macrostoma

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not bad.

I paid $200/pair at one point for these bad boys: Betta Macrostoma
I hate you Nick! Hah, I am no longer going to be taking any more photos until I get my new camera. Then I am sure I will realize that it has to do with a lot more then just the camera.

post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
Here's mine:

Show quality Red Oranda (8+ inch). Paid $349 and another arm for shipping.
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactusMortus View Post
I hate you Nick! Hah, I am no longer going to be taking any more photos until I get my new camera. Then I am sure I will realize that it has to do with a lot more then just the camera.
Dude... it's all in the camera. Just learn how to use it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
Here's mine:
Show quality Red Oranda (8+ inch). Paid $349 and another arm for shipping.
Man, I thought I was crazy, but you're definitely getting hauled off to the loony bin before me.

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (91/100%)
A few years ago, I paid $1400 for proven trio of L46 zebra pleco. Awesome fish!
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
$12.49 at my LFS for this Green Kribensis, you guys are nuts paying that much for a fish, no matter the size. I had to laugh the first time is saw some of the crazy prices on shrimp, a little 3/4 inch b&w shrimp was $600, crazy, no way.

post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dl3 View Post
A few years ago, I paid $1400 for proven trio of L46 zebra pleco. Awesome fish!
Question is, did they breed for you? Those fish are way too overpriced IMO. Now if they bred for you and you were able to sell off the offspring to recoup your cost, you DA MAN!

To each his own most definitely. We buy what we love! As long as you're single that is.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Question is, did they breed for you? Those fish are way too overpriced IMO. Now if they bred for you and you were able to sell off the offspring to recoup your cost, you DA MAN!

To each his own most definitely. We buy what we love! As long as you're single that is.
I was about to say hell would freeze over before I would be able to tell my wife I just paid $1600 for fish. I would however be single after that!

post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
Let's get to the real data, gentlemen. What's the biggest price lie you've ever told your significant other? My fish up there was only $30 with FREE SHIPPING! This new shrimp order from Liam? $15 + $5 shipping! What a steal!

DISCLAIMER: You may be incriminating yourself. Please consult a licensed attorney.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode