My first 150 gallon planted tank (one new pic on nov 17th ) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Exclamation My first 150 gallon planted tank (one new pic on nov 17th )

well here goes nothing i put this tank up and then it blew a seam so i re sealed it and put it back in the house a week later... i have 6 t-8 bulbs (i think 30W a piece?) on a coustom canopy made by me. i stained both the canopy and the stand to match the rest of my room. as for the substrate i have 2 inches of organic mirical grow capped with sand and the wood i got from a local river and boiled it and it sank in 2 days of floating in this tank... i bought these rock a few years ago so i liked them and kind of made it look like a mountin rang... in the tank right now i am putting in my 4 angel fish with some different kinda of tetras, 2 cory cats, and some other random fish to add color.

the after math of when it broke haha

rebuilding the tank out in the garage =]

me fitting up the rocks and the wood (dry run)

me and my dad making the canopy

canopy with light instulled

tank with no water about to get filled =]

now the tank filled with plants and canopy on with every running but no fish yet they are still in holding for another day or so =]

Last edited by wadesharp; 11-17-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

o come on some one give me some in put... what do you think? what could change? i put all my fish in today and also got 13 neons...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
I love the rock layout. Personally would have like to seen it continue the length of the tank without the driftwood as that would be awesome. Your canopy build is very good, much better than my sorry attempt. Did you build the stand too? Did you find out what caused the seam to break on the tank? Looks like you had quite the mess to clean up

Looking forward to the progression of your tank. Subscribed.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I usually don't like that kind of thin rock in a tank, but the way you have it arranged it looks realllllly nice. I like a lot! You said the tank is planted and has fish in it, did you cycle the tank? If not, run, do not walk, to your nearest LFS and buy a 10$ bottle of Seachem Stability so your fish don't burn. I'm subscribed, and would love to see some pics of it planted.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Algae Grower

I bet this will look even better when you get your plants in there...What did you have in it before the angels?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

yea i did cycle it all 4 dozen ish fish are going great and eating well... and yea i wanted to make the rocks go all the way but i just ran outa rocks half way threw it ya know =[ i had some dawrf hairgrass in there and that died =[ need to get some money so i can start to order a bunch of plants...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

alright i will take pictures tomorrow of the tank with the fish in there for you all to enjoy haha (or the few people looking at this thred) i have also added a few plants for now and my dwaf hair grass seems to be somewhat coming back... im just looking aorund for some flame moss is anyone has any please PM me

edit: hell with it im bored right now here are some new pictures of the fish and the plants...

there are my 4 angel fish so far last pic has one of my new swords in the pic... im thinking about getting 4 more angel fish sooner or later...
FYI the angels fins are messed up because i had to put them in with my turtls in the 55 gallon temp. when i was re sealing and building the 150 after it split

three of the 4 mollies that are in there

and there are the neons there are 13 tottal and then i couldnt get a picture of the other tetras i have in ther because they are to fast and behind the rocks haha
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

well there is my new aqua scaping that i wana do... i just think it would look a bit better then the rocks i have now... idk i liked it at first but the more i have to see it i dont like it to much... i like the new way (in the pictures above) becuase it gives me a nice place to plant stuff then everything on the out side of the rocks i will have some kind of groud cover idk yet though any suggestions?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

any advise??
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
That stone is going to be perfect for the Angels to lay eggs on, it might be a little hard to remove them if you plan on trying to keep the fry.

If you want more info on breeding Angels look at http://www.angelsplus.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

whast rocks? the new "river bed" stones or the vertical slate rock?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
They will stick their eggs to just about anything but breeders will use pieces of slate for them to lay the eggs on so they can be removed to a breeding tank, some of the stuff is for sale at the link I gave you earlier and the videos there have some good information.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

alright thanks ill look into that but t may be a while as my angles a just babies themselves

Last edited by wadesharp; 11-15-2011 at 12:06 AM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
looks sick man! what substrate are you using? is that just sand?

-Anthony
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

its merical grow capped with sand blasting sand...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode