Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
33g northern native theme low tech

hi first what im workin with

33 gallon main tank 36x18x12
tetra whisper40i and air pump
perfect-a-hood
lot of hornwort anchored trying to root, 2 anacharis, 3 unknown
largemouth bass(hank) , brown bullhead(billy), common pleco(dart), 1 or 2 crayfish that didnt get eaten, bunch of zebra muscles
rocks, sand, anacharis, zebra muscles, and water from the erie canal
fish from a private pond
crayfish from a vending machine
pleco rescued from next door
zebra muscles came free with the rocks
flourish excel daily
no co2

10 gallon feeder tank 18x18x12?
crappy filter and light does the job
airstone
floating hornwort
10-20 dipper net caught fish every couple days in summer, 50+ baitshop fish thru the winter every month or so
fish are always coming and going as its a feeder tank
minnows and sunfish 3 inches max bass is only 7
same as main tank but no sand going to use gravel from canal no flourish excel

tanks been cycled and runing for a while only problem really is a lil bit of algea. put down sand planted plants and capped with pebbles only around plants. rebiulding main tank in a couple weeks, cuz the canal drains in the winter. i want get rid of all rocks with no muscles and replace with some real nice thin flat slate rocks. biuld some castles or something. i dont know what kind of plants ill find out there this year usualy crap, but i did find a small Anacharis in some shallow water the other day. im goin to post some pics once a week maybe if i can.

nothing here but disappointment
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dont call me an Aquarist
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

no, I dont have any axe body spray cause im not a d***** bag

youtube channel

Sebastian the bullheads journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

pics

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

Last edited by flesxruoyxllik; 01-09-2013 at 04:00 AM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Algae Grower

wow, the rocks setup is really impressive
I like your tank a lot, keep up the good work

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
crayfish from a vending machine??

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
All three of those fish will quickly outgrow that tank. Nice looking tank though!

Regards,
Sam
  • 150g dirt tank (work in progress)
  • 100g corner community tank
  • 180g Native North American fish
  • 85g bichir lair
  • 45g flatback hex dirt tank
  • 75g blackwater tank
  • 40 breeder dollar sunfish
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

i got some pics. the canal drains around the 15th so major rebiuld around that time. some before pics

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
How did you come to own a large mouth bass in an aquarium? That's both strange & cool. What water params are best for a LMB?

And what does Northern Native Theme consist of?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

a native theme is as simple as going outside pullin something out of the water and throw it right in the tank. i knew somebody who was draining there private pond to make it bigger so i grabbed the smallest bass and 3 bullheads. put them in a 20g in about 2 weeks the 2 smaller bullheads got eaten the last one is now almost the size of my pleco. ph was high in the pond so i tryed to match that. temp is always low 70s. high 60s if i leave a window open. all the tech stuff is in the link below. im gonna try to post some more pics now.

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

side shot

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

moneyshot over 1mb of pics uploaded

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

guess what i just took all those tall hornworts out and replanted the tips in a row along most the back and left side only left 3 long skinny strands. couple days ago i grabbed some more anacharis and 2 more unknown that im gonna try to get id,d. redid rocks a little too. waters a little murky so im gonna let it settle then post some pics. go check before pics while u wait.

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

first 3

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

plants in last two pics need to be id,d

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Lovely tank looks very natural
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

the canal has started to drain but only went down a foot max today. might find some plants tomorrow. definitely getting some rocks in a couple days. going to boil them cuz i already see tons of algae out there. total rebuild of the right side coming soon.

dont call me an Aquarist

youtube channel

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode