Cynths Blue Pearl 20 long - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Cynths Blue Pearl 20 long

Oct 22, 2011

They are finally blue enough to count as blue pearl so they get their own journal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Shrimpsanity

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Helllo Cynth the shrimp horder. That's a lot of shrimps as usual.

|ShrimpTech|
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
Helllo Cynth the shrimp horder. That's a lot of shrimps as usual.
I need help, don't I?

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Shrimpsanity

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Imagine with your track of success what you could do with a few BKK and WR...6 months later BKK horde? j/k

Hey, they ever throw Blue Rili patterns in there?

|ShrimpTech|
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I haven't noticed any rili patterns in this tank. Some of my cherries have turned out close to rili pattern though.

I am still trying to get the "amber" out of this tank. In the past two months I have given away around 100 + amber and blue with amber tint to them.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
That looks awesome...
I love blue pearls...
Mine still put out alooot of amber... I put them in a tank together and a couple generations later im getting chocolate brown orange and black shrimp... its weird..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldachleich View Post
That looks awesome...
I love blue pearls...
Mine still put out alooot of amber... I put them in a tank together and a couple generations later im getting chocolate brown orange and black shrimp... its weird..
That is weird, I'd like to see pictures of those.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (110/99%)
Beautiful and blue! Nice colored colony you got there. Are most of your ambers juveniles? If so then you might want to hold off on culling them because the vast majority of my little ambers mature into nice blue shrimp.

Tank: 20 gallons, 62 watts t5, DIY CO2

Unemployed, poor, and still living off the parents.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
Beautiful and blue! Nice colored colony you got there. Are most of your ambers juveniles? If so then you might want to hold off on culling them because the vast majority of my little ambers mature into nice blue shrimp.
My ambers tend to stay amber or just get blue faces & swimmeretts. I have enough babies that are blue that I cull the amber babies.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (110/99%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynth View Post
My ambers tend to stay amber or just get blue faces & swimmeretts. I have enough babies that are blue that I cull the amber babies.
The same happens to me but I'm too lazy to cull ambers unless they're adults that can spawn and produce more lol. I've been culling my colony for the past 2 years for it to produce mostly blues.

Are you running any CO2 or dosing ferts in this tank?

Tank: 20 gallons, 62 watts t5, DIY CO2

Unemployed, poor, and still living off the parents.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
The same happens to me but I'm too lazy to cull ambers unless they're adults that can spawn and produce more lol. I've been culling my colony for the past 2 years for it to produce mostly blues.

Are you running any CO2 or dosing ferts in this tank?

I "was" doing some diy co2 on this tank, but I stopped about 6 months ago. Now I just add a little excel and some ferts now and then.

I am turning my 40 planted tank into a crystal shrimp tank so I might use the co2 equipment from that tank on this 20. But the co2 tank is empty and and and...... I never seem to get around to getting all my master plans finished.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9

Tags
blue pearl shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode