Fluval Ebi Nano Planted Shrimp Aquarium - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Ebi Nano Planted Shrimp Aquarium

This is the Fluval Ebi tank that I received from Practical Fish Keeping as a part of their September subscription offer. I am incredibly happy with this tank, and so are my Shrimp. I can tell, as I have babies already. Below are some videos of the tank, it has been setup now for 3 weeks, and is going strong, despite a recent Nitrite peak.

Here are some pictures of the tank, it has been set up for around a month now. There is also a link to a video of the tank. More to come!

YOUTUBE VIDEO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Does anyone have any ideas for some more plants for this tank, my knowledge is slightly limited when it comes to plants.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Those flat rocks would be great for tying on some Riccia, Flame Moss, Fissidens, etc. and the shrimp would love it. Those are cool little tanks and how did you get it from PFK, was it free with a subscription????? Beware that the backgrounds pop out and can break the light, others have had this happen and with a call get quick replacements parts but it would be wise to do something to prevent it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Looks nice. I enjoyed the video.

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Algae Grower

Yeah, cool video. Whay type of shrimp is the larger one? I love both of my ebis. Look into upgrading the filter.

+1 on the foam popping out. Happened on both of mine. Didn't break the light though
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynth View Post
Looks nice. I enjoyed the video.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it I like your Ebi's too!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robse View Post
Yeah, cool video. Whay type of shrimp is the larger one? I love both of my ebis. Look into upgrading the filter.

+1 on the foam popping out. Happened on both of mine. Didn't break the light though
What filter would you recommend to upgrade to? I would have the room for an external.

And I understand what you mean about the foam popping out, but I don't understand why it would break my light. The two don't even touch each other. Would it pop out, float to the surface and hit the light?

Chris
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Yea there are stories of the bg becoming detached and floating up witch such force that it knocks the glass and the light right off, usually breaking them.

I popped mine off and added a bunch of silicone, cause I like the way it looks but I didn't want it to come off.

"The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods." Socrates

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-H View Post
Yea there are stories of the bg becoming detached and floating up witch such force that it knocks the glass and the light right off, usually breaking them.

I popped mine off and added a bunch of silicone, cause I like the way it looks but I didn't want it to come off.
Thanks for the info. Will look into this. A buddy of mine has a load of silicone I could use. Any tips on how to get it off. Mine is on there pretty good. Should I wait till it becomes more loose?

Chris
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
If your tank is dry, it's incredibly easy. Try gently prying off the bg with your fingers, if it's not put on securely it will literally just pop off. There was only a couple of small beads holding it on and it was shockingly easy to get it off.

They may have corrected this issue so take a look at the back glass and you can easily see the glue points. If yours is on there pretty good, maybe just leave it on.

"The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods." Socrates

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-H View Post
If your tank is dry, it's incredibly easy. Try gently prying off the bg with your fingers, if it's not put on securely it will literally just pop off. There was only a couple of small beads holding it on and it was shockingly easy to get it off.

They may have corrected this issue so take a look at the back glass and you can easily see the glue points. If yours is on there pretty good, maybe just leave it on.
I'd say its pretty well stuck on then. I'm guessing they have resolved the issue by using more silicone. Will keep an eye on it though.

Tags
aquarium, ebi, fluval, planted, shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode