New Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Tank

Here are some pic's of our 55 fresh water. I enjoy taking different pictures of the ever changing scenery. The goldfish think they need to have the spot light. Hope to get live plants in there soon also. But for now we have: goldfish,tetras,frogs,cats and a algea eater. We are looking to get angle fish also.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

a new species of plant!!!! Hygrophilia BluePurple-ossa is it?? AMAZING!

is the goldfish in the same tank as the others? they dont get along temperature wise...

You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 AM

So what kind of substrate, c02, etc do you have?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks
a new species of plant!!!! Hygrophilia BluePurple-ossa is it?? AMAZING!
Look closer I believe it is the new strain of Bacopa Caroliniana - Purpulius Plasticus!!!

I really like to see new undiscovered plants!!! Along with some really nice looking goldfish. Wish to see the other inhabitants of the tank!!! I bought a feeder goldfish that looked like a very expensive KOI and kept it in a fish bowl for more than 10 years!!! It got at least 6 inches long!!!

Saved a pretty fish from certain cannibalizm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:01 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
Ok, I g2 admit the thread is pretty . . . . . . but just heeping sarcasm isn't very helpful . . . and now that I have said that, I must say something constructive to prevent being a hypocrite . . . oh boy where do I start . . .

First of all . . . this is a PLANTED TANK forum . . . which means:

-We like PLANTS, and this is a forum for people who like PLANTS
-There are a lot of naturalists; not only towards the Earth, but to tank lay outs/style too.
-Posting pics of plastic plants here is a very dastardly crime. Especially weird looking ones like that purple thing. Let alone having funky colored substrate . . .
-we're not really into just seeing pics of fish that aren't in a planted tank . . . especially with goldfish . . . that both eat plants and really shouldn't be in the same tank as tropical fish because of different temperature needs . . .

I guess what we're asking is: WHY IS THIS HERE?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
The person posting is simply showing us their tank. You guys dont need to give em such a hard time about it. They also said they are planning to introduce plants into the tank.

Diggy415- great tank so far keep it up! I think this is how most of us got started here, the love of aquaria.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Oh man, you guys are mean!

So glad I haven't asked questions too dumb for this forum. So what's wrong with Purpulius Plasticus? I started my first tank with Verdius plasticus!

Give the newbies a break and steer them in the "right" direction.

Sheesh......
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 01:44 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
There should be a disclaimer on the photo album forum that if you post a pic of a plastic plant the nerds will make fun of you.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 03:26 PM

wow.. harsh comments!! I can't believe some of them.. So discouraging. He probablly wont ever show us anymore pics.. guessing that it is fair enough.. As, I'm new and probablly have no right to say anything.. Believe it or not, This is a very helpful forum and the people on here are great.. just have very strong opinions about plastics ... We all im sure hope to see you venturing into the live plants real soon.. if so.. let us know.. as other requested..

substrate
lighting
co2??
your water params..

also the attention to the goldfish..
goldfish actually like it colder than most tropicals can handle.. just a forewarning.. its disasterous..
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 04:41 PM

Boy, I had a whole tank full of every species of "Plasticus" you could imagine when I found this site. Then I got rid of them and went planted, actually they are sitting in a box in my garage... Before I found this site, I had never even HEARD of planted tanks... Cut em some slack... I did however laugh my butt off at
" a new species of plant!!!! Hygrophilia BluePurple-ossa is it?? AMAZING!"
and
"Look closer I believe it is the new strain of Bacopa Caroliniana - Purpulius Plasticus!!!"
hahahahaha.. I'm a full blown smart-a** and totally got a kick out of it, I do however hope that it does not steer this person away from us and what we are...

PJ
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Ok, I g2 admit the thread is pretty . . . . . . but just heeping sarcasm isn't very helpful . . . and now that I have said that, I must say something constructive to prevent being a hypocrite . . . oh boy where do I start . . .
Quote:
The person posting is simply showing us their tank. You guys dont need to give em such a hard time about it. They also said they are planning to introduce plants into the tank.
Quote:
wow.. harsh comments!! I can't believe some of them.. So discouraging. He probablly wont ever show us anymore pics.. guessing that it is fair enough.. As, I'm new and probablly have no right to say anything.. Believe it or not, This is a very helpful forum and the people on here are great.. just have very strong opinions about plastics ... We all im sure hope to see you venturing into the live plants real soon.. if so.. let us know.. as other requested..
Really!

Diggy415's first post, what a welcome.

Well let me start by saying "Welcome to the forum" Diggy415! Despite and auspicious start, we are glad you have joined us!

You aquarium looks interesting! The fish look nice and healthy! This forum is oriented around planted aquariums and aquatic plants, so you'll have to realize we are going to be pushing you toward putting some plants in there with those beautiful fish!

Enjoy your stay here. Do a lot of reading and ask a lot of questions!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Really! *SMACK!* Manners, people! "Let he who has never had a plastic plant in his tank throw the first bag of eco-complete!" Or something like that.

And yes, Diggy, it is a "planted tank" forum so 99.9% of the posts and questions and discussion here is to do with such. And when a planted tank fan says "planted" ... well, many times it's hard to find room in the tank for the fish! However if your interest truly does lie in that direction you can do no better than to read many of the old threads, the FAQ's and other articles that are to be found here. Truly! Welcome to the world of green! (and hopefully not green water ...)

SlŠinte!
Cindy

-
ó 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

ó lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:13 AM

Wow, I just re-read this, and I feel like crap! I was just tryin to envoke conversation about matters that might be in common...oh buggers! Sorry Diggy.....don't let the silly comments keep you away!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

same here... just wanted to have some fun. hey, i still have a big 54 gallon tank with lots of Bacopa Caroliniana - Plasticus Green and Hot Pinkus... (you were right! darn...)

welcome to the planted tank! sorry if i offended you or anyone else...

You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Algae Grower

I think some of you need to grow up .... If you are going to be cocky like that towards someone I do not think you need to make any comments... this is a community ..if you do not want to look at the pics then dont...but to then make rude comments is just plain childish .....not everyone has the time or money to have tanks like some people have......Sharing ideas is what this place is about...

Dude nice tank...do what you want cause it is your money and your time and you are the one who has to look at it .. Best of luck on anything else you might do to it

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode