My mother's Discus Xmas - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
My mother's Discus Xmas

So my brother and I each got my mother a discus for xmas (I must say, I got her one first, and then he decided to get her another as he couldn't come up with an idea, and he knew that she'd be getting more to keep the first from being lonely) she's considering a new tank that will be most likely 65-90g and pretty much discus only (the odd clown pleco, etc. here and there), and will probably be adding new discus to her pair (no idea on sex, don't mean to imply a "PAIR"). Oh, and anyone that can name the nutrient deficiency in the amazon sword wins a soda pop*. (with this tank it's easier to pull dying leaves and eventually plants that don't work than to try to get her on any sort of dosing regime... hygro, ambulia, and java fern are working great without any plant maintenance at all... the sword will go to the refuse bin quite soon)

* - the soda pop offered in this thread is fictional, and the author of this thread, moderators or administrators of this board, the hosting company where this site resides, and any related or associated person(s) or group(s) are exempt from any claim made to said soda pop. enter at your own risk. all entries become the sole property of Oqsy, and may be reproduced for future promotions, campaigns, or sweepstakes. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The author of this post in no way endorses the irresponsible use of soft drinks, and has no affiliation with any manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of soft drinks.

Quote:
The ADA recommends the following for good oral hygiene:
* Brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
* Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. Decay–causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. Flossing removes plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
* Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
* Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
Do not operate heavy machinery while entering this contest. Do not enter this contest on an empty stomach, or while pregnant or nursing. Side effects include itching, constipation, dry mouth, weight loss, weight gain, irritability, disorientation, vertigo, dyspnea, syncope, chest pain, abnormal menstrual cycle, urinary tract infections, stroke, blurry vision, double vision (diplopia), loss of appetite, hives, numbness or tingling in lower or upper extremeties, hair loss, nausea, temporary memory loss, increased risk of cancers of the teeth, hair, and nail follicles, tendonitis, tennis elbow, gingivitis, congestive heart failure, cellulitis, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, fear of abandonment, sense of impending doom, depression, anxiety, giddyness, and bedwetting. Avoid direct sunlight. Keep entry between 45º and 80ºF. Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of small children. Risk of fire or explosion. Always handle with care, and use appropriate personal protective equipment. Do not stare directly into the sun. If you have a poisoning emergency, call 1-800-222-1222. In the event that this were an actual emergency, this signal would have been followed by a special announcement. Not intended for children under the age of 3.
sources:
http://www.ada.org
http://www.aapcc.org

Eheim Pimp #171

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice discus. As for the disclaimer, you've got too much time on your hands and a very strange mind (both of which are good, mind you). As for the nutrient deficiency, I'm going to guess Cesium 123.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
So tell me, Oqsy, is it Saturday and feeling a bit bored were we, hmmmmm?

Sláinte!
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
yes. my family were all asleep, all the tank maintenance was done, and I felt like a bit of fun... Cesium 123 is an excellent answer, and to a certain degree, I'm sure that all my plants are lacking in their cesium dosing. I suppose that makes you the winner, canoe2can... please be careful with your prize:
http://nadav.harel.org.il/cola/ascii-art/cokecan.txt

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode