3ft new tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
3ft new tank

Hi guys just a quick photo of my new set up, any tips or ideas would be great. I've taken heaps of photos so of there is a bit of interest I'll post a journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Algae Grower

Nice :p

My tanks: 350l juwel community with 9 angelfish, 4 discus, and other fish, 15l biorb male blue dragon red tailed half moon betta, 60l biorb 2 inch pearl red dragon flowerhorn. Fluval ebi nano tank medium planted with 2 yamato shrimp, and a male copper crowntail betta.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel
Very nice!

Is that an all ADA tank/substrate? it looks like it ^^

My only comment would be to maybe even out the substrate in the front there? And whats up with the block/stone to the left of the driftwood? is it holding it down temporarily or placed for the scape? I think there could be some better placement for it to make the tank look even more pleasing/open if its there for the scape, altho im not sure which positioning or where would help.. just a thought
Anyways, thats all I got, it really does look good, Keep it up! And post that journal! :P Now I wanna know all about it lol

SunSun Pimp # 42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks for the comments, its not ada I just cleaned and polished the glass. And I bought the substrate because it looked like ada, it's fertilized with dupla root k and diy ferts from this site.

Yes the rock is holding the drift wood down. It soaked for months but still floats. The rock will go a soon as it sinks. I was going for a gully look with the substrate but I don't think it worked. I'll level it out when the plants take hold. I really want some glosso and hc or riccia for a carpet but its proving rather hard to find in australia (even though glosso it native in some parts)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Small update.
I have no internet as I'm changing isp's so doing this on my phone.will do a big journal once I have internet on the 22nd so just a couple of photos to keep you going

Plants are really starting to grow in, no ferts yet c02 at about 3bps.
Ferts glosso, hm and japanese hairgrass coming in a couple of weeks. On the hunt for nana anubias petite but proving hard to find. Any tips or ideas.i would love to hear them
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
I don't think you need to level the substrate, looks more natural that way. And I'm pretty sure I seen your nana petite in S-N-S, seemed pretty and pretty expensive!! Good luck.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7

President.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks tony
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Any tips guys? Going to the lfs today going to buy some tetras.any cool plant recommendations
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

No plants as they didn't look to great and the lfs couldn't sell me any tetras as they all were all in quarantine.but I got some corys! Any one want photos

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode