20 Gallon Redone - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
20 Gallon Redone

Finally replanted my 20 after transfering fauna and flora to the 50. This will be the new home for my Dwarf Puffers.
I got rid of the UGF, kept the gravel and all the mulm that was sitting under. Greatest move I ever did . Instant cycling. Water parameters did not change a bit, with the exception of the PH going up slightly due to no CO2. ( Setting that up today ) As a bonus stirring the gravel gave birth to an abbundance of snails. ( Free puffer food )
I can't wait to move the Puffers out of their spot algea infested 10.
Before:

Now:

Last edited by andyg; 02-05-2005 at 01:46 AM. Reason: adding picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Wow! 110 views and not a single comment.
Anyway I added a before pic so the difference can be seen. Puffers were moved in a couple of days ago. My male is obviously ailing and may not last The female has been keeping him away from the food and snails to the point were he is only skin and bones. I got him isolated but I may be too late.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to depthC Send a message via MSN to depthC
The tank looks good. It will look even better once it fills in and establishes a bit but looks good.

Andrew

Whats in your glass box?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Andyg - looks like the tank is taking off. Getting established! Solid growth. Not much of the algae monster too be seen, and you gotta be happy about that!

Ya' never know what's going to draw comment here. I'm sure a nice pirate's chest with bubbles coming out of the lid would draw a few. But I'll wager the black and white pebbles have put some people off. Too each his own certainly, but it is a not a common look.

Either way, you should be proud of the way the plants are taking off. That's kinda the whole point. Right?

Steve - 33g reef and a 180g planted in need of a re-scape.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Planted Member

How's that male doing? Is there any chance that he's got internal parasites? I've revived even skeletal dwarf puffs using Discomed before. If he's still eating, you may be able to save him.

-- Robin --
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input.
Scolley; I'm glad the algae monster stayed away on this one.( Wish I could say the same for the 50..GW )
The black & white gravel will be going, even if it means picking out the white piece by piece. LOL.

Fishwife; Unfortunatly the DP is not eating I've tried everything I could think of, bloodworms,shrimps, ect, even scooped up snailegg sacks from the other tank but to no avail.
Thanks for the tip on Discomed, I'll try to pick something up today.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode