Philip's ADA 60P - UPDATED FTS 5/26/2012 [P.18] - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Philip's ADA 60P - UPDATED FTS 5/26/2012 [P.18]

Philip's ADA 60-P

After months of begging and compromising, my parents reluctantly agreed to a second aquarium. This will be my first "small" tank ever since i took down my 29G about 5 years ago. This will also be my first ADA tank. I'm really excited to get it all set up!

My main reason for wanting a second tank is to give a go at soft-water plants, as well as to experiment with super high lighting (thanks to skewlboy!). I don't really have a plan for an aquascape yet, except for maybe something similar to this tank. I really like the hardscape in that tank, except i don't know if i'll have room with all the plants that i want to put in there!

Planned equipment list:
- ADA 60P (~17 gallons)
- Contemporary black stand
- Fishneedit 24x2 watt T5
- ADA Amazonia (new version)
- Eheim 2217 Classic
- GLA Ultimate Regulator w/ Milwaukee SMS122 pH Controller

Flora:
- Didiplis diandra
- Rotala macrandra 'green'
- Ludwigia senegalensis
- Ludwigia arcuata
- Belem Hairgrass

Fauna:
- 20 ember tetras
- 4 amano shrimp
- 3 otocinclus
- 1 stiphodon goby

Right now i have the tank and stand, and the light is on the way... i'm going to get everything else when i return from vacation in a few weeks. Pics to come!

Last edited by Centromochlus; 05-27-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
PICS PICS PICS!

This going to be great, just as all of your tanks; you inspired me to join the forums and now I have an awesome tank and getting close to 1000 posts! Which is, of course, only a fourth of yours... Good luck!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
No.

Hi?uh... This is my iPod that I'm on..

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,
Eheim Pimp #457-2232,2213

currently looking for a co2 system,i have plants,shrimp and live food cultures to trade

post #4 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
yay! another tank from philip! i love your tanks. gratz on getting some cool ADA stuff!

post #5 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Honeycomb Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
PICS PICS PICS!

This going to be great, just as all of your tanks; you inspired me to join the forums and now I have an awesome tank and getting close to 1000 posts! Which is, of course, only a fourth of yours... Good luck!
Thanks man! I hope your tank is doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHockey View Post
No.

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
yay! another tank from philip! i love your tanks. gratz on getting some cool ADA stuff!
Thanks!
post #6 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel
Nice setup! This is pretty close to what I'm doing with my custom made 15gal, only less lighting since my tank is 2 inches shorter than the 60p ^^

Are you planning on using the powersand at all? If so, and I'd recommend it, get the special powersand and a bottle of that tourmaline bc. It should help quite a bit with establishing the BB quickly.

Anyways tho, looking forward to some pics :p

SunSun Pimp # 42

post #7 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

Since when did you decide on a 60p?

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,

currently looking for a co2 system,i have plants,shrimp and live food cultures to trade
post #8 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Shrimpsanity

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Where's the teaser pics?
post #9 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

pics, or you dont have anything! i like pics of empty ADA tanks anyways!

post #10 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Honeycomb Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAngel View Post
Nice setup! This is pretty close to what I'm doing with my custom made 15gal, only less lighting since my tank is 2 inches shorter than the 60p ^^

Are you planning on using the powersand at all? If so, and I'd recommend it, get the special powersand and a bottle of that tourmaline bc. It should help quite a bit with establishing the BB quickly.

Anyways tho, looking forward to some pics :p
I wasn't planning on using anything but aquasoil, but i'll look into the power sand and other substrate products from ADA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHockey View Post
Since when did you decide on a 60p?

I've wanted a 60P for a really long time-- but i was trying to decide whether i wanted more emersed containers or a 60P. I eventually decided on the 60P. I figured i mind as well take the offer from my parents while it was still there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
Where's the teaser pics?
Quote:
pics, or you dont have anything! i like pics of empty ADA tanks anyways!
Yes, i know my room is messy... but here's some pics:

post #11 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

nice stand!

post #12 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Honeycomb Master

Quote:
nice stand!
Thanks! There's a small chip on the bottom right corner though. Anyone have any suggestions as to how i should go about repairing that? It's pretty deep.
post #13 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

no idea. maybe something to go in there ( plaster, idk) then paint over it.

post #14 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

uuuhhh hows about getting a new one...............

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,

post #15 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
black epoxy wood filler. spread it in with a puddy knife so its a little over flat after it hardens buff it back down with 1000 grit on a small block of wood then switch to 1500 then overbuff the scuffed area with microbead car buffing solution (if you do this part by hand it will take for ever) your going to want a rotary buffer (or similar) to get the final gloss look.

"[Wabi-sabi] nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect." -original author unknown-

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode