Da Plant Man's messy 10g dutch. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
Da Plant Man's messy 10g dutch.

Hello!

I recently set-up my 10g because I needed something to do. My 15g emersed tank too easy for me, and I need something to occupy my time until I get my UBER EXPENSIVE aquarium. ( I am keeping that one a secret thank you very much.)

Anyways, its going to be high-light, high tech, 4.5wpg paintball co2. It has flourite black sand cap with a underlayer of potting soil. I hope to have around 20 speices of fine leafed plants (rotalas, pogostemons, etc) and lots of red. There will be no hardscape, I am going to leave that space for more plants.

Stocking is going to be:
  • 12 chili rasboras
  • 6 amano shrimp
  • Crystal black shrimp
  • Taiwan fire red RCS
  • Either 6 thread-fin rainbow fish OR
  • some larger shrimp "safe" fish

I will post a plant list later when I have time.

Anyways, I took a video because I can't take ANY pictures of the fish.

Oh, and shout out to Mzjinkndz for supplying to fish, and to Azfishkid for the plants

↓↓↓CLICKY↓↓↓

http://s771.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=DSCN2096.mp4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
EPIC VIDEO. Nice pronunciation on those plant names btw. (not sarcasm)
Looks like this'll be a fun tank!
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Thanks! I love the tank already, maybe its because the fish are amazing, but I think its going to be a good learning tank. I have never done EI dosing, so that will be fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran

post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
be weary, i have tried EI dosing on three separate tanks and i have had all epic fails with shrimp. I attribute it to my Iron Chelate but i can't say for sure. I just know that when i stopped dosing EI my shrimp stopped dying. Lost, CRS, RCS and amanos this way

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I commend you on your pronunciation. I laughed when you said "P. yatabeanus" though. It is just such an epic plant name!

Those chili rasboras are amazing! Absolutely stunning. I love their colors. Quick question, how on earth do you know each of those plants by name!?!? They all look the same to me...

Oh, and you just inspired me to start my own video journal. Keep it up K-10!

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (206/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
hey! looking good
post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipariumGuy View Post
I commend you on your pronunciation. I laughed when you said "P. yatabeanus" though. It is just such an epic plant name!

Those chili rasboras are amazing! Absolutely stunning. I love their colors. Quick question, how on earth do you know each of those plants by name!?!? They all look the same to me...

Oh, and you just inspired me to start my own video journal. Keep it up K-10!
Pogostemon yatabeanus is my favorite plant name. I know them by name because I have no life and spend most my time staring at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
hey! looking good
Thanks! All thanks to you!

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Plant Man View Post
Pogostemon yatabeanus is my favorite plant name. I know by name because I have no life and spend most my time staring at them.
You and me both.

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Nikki from the shrimp lab just gave me a ludicrous deal on 10 black S grade CRS. This tank is falling in place one thing after another. Now all I need are taiwan fire red RCS and more plants.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I was going cross eyed when you started with the plant names. I was wondering if I stopped being able to comprehend speech. Nice! I love the chili's one of my favorite fish.

I say go with the threadfins, you will not be disappointed.

post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Awesome tank!

Best part was you talking to the camera!

Eheim Pimp Club Member #462: Eheim 2213/2215
post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I was going cross eyed when you started with the plant names. I was wondering if I stopped being able to comprehend speech. Nice! I love the chili's one of my favorite fish.

I say go with the threadfins, you will not be disappointed.
I had threadfin's before. I want a fish that is larger, but won't eat my shrimp. I think I might just go with them, I only had one last time. Unless there are any other ideas. Plants names are fun to say just to impress people I most likely had them wrong, just most people are terribad at pronunciation too so they play along

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportjon View Post
Awesome tank!

Best part was you talking to the camera!
Thanks! Are you saying I am funny looking?

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Plant Man View Post
I had threadfin's before. I want a fish that is larger, but won't eat my shrimp. I think I might just go with them, I only had one last time. Unless there are any other ideas. Plants names are fun to say just to impress people I most likely had them wrong, just most people are terribad at pronunciation too so they play along

Thanks! Are you saying I am funny looking?
I think threadfins will work with shrimp well. I had them with my cherry's, they have very very small mouths lol. And they can get to 2-2.25" with all the finnage.

I like the name Crypt. Undulata lol rolls off the tongue.

post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (206/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
my only concern for your tank is meeting the needs of all those different shrimp. They mostly all like very different parameters, both in hardness and temperature and I will be curious to see how it works out for you.
Glad you like the critters!
post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
my only concern for your tank is meeting the needs of all those different shrimp. They mostly all like very different parameters, both in hardness and temperature and I will be curious to see how it works out for you.
Glad you like the critters!
I might just choose another kind of shrimp that are compatible with my CBS. However, I see A LOT of RCS kept with CRS, these are just two different morph's of those, correct?

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode