I have had a 75 gallon Malawi tank for the last 4 yrs. My first real tank.
Started off like this
I added some plants
time goes by
here it was a couple weeks ago
Growth was SLOW at less than .5 watts per gallon by algae free. I had pretty much reached the end of the line with this tank. Fish were breeding like crazy and fry survival was high due to all the hiding spots the plants provided. I had 26 fish in there most 3-5" in size, and did not want to keep taking apart the rockscape to catch fish. Plus I had grown to prefer planted tanks.
I took everything apart and sold the fish to the LFS...managed to get $180 store credit for them. Having had good luck with miracle grow organic under flourite in my 65g I decided to do the same with this tank.
SINGLE bulb hagen glo T5H0
pressurized CO2 20lb
miracle grow organic soil under black flourite
red tiger lotus
ludwigia cuba ?? (was told)
12 harlequin rasbora
2 amano shrimp
2 bristlenose pleco
Here it is 1 month after the rebirth. None of the stems are "set" placement wise. The java fern to the left of the driftwood is going soon as I grow out some more stems. What I want is a dwarf sag carpet, crypts midground, sloping stems right to left with more open foreground on the left corner.
I am dosing EI but stepped it down to 40-60g because my light is not high and I have a dirt substrate.
My CO2 is "no frills" just a bottle, reg and manifold. I run it 24/7 with no problems.
I am using a hagen ladder gasp! I know, I know, but it works better than u think. Keeps my 4dkh drop checker green no problem.
Thanks for looking.