40Breeder Downoi Plantation [HD VIDEO] by speedie408 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

PTrader: (397/100%)
40Breeder Downoi Plantation [HD VIDEO] by speedie408

Nothing scape spectacular. Just a regular 40g breeder tank that I turned into a downoi plantation. Thought I'd just share.

Specs:
ADA ASI
CO2
EI
Rena XP1
GLO 2x54W t5ho

Here's a little video clip. Hope you guys have broadband internet so you can watch it in HD. Make sure you guys watch till the end because there's a little treat at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX0ARfBeEAw

Thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Nice! What kind of fish are those?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Nice! What kind of fish are those?
Those are the Green Kubotais I got from mzjinkzd (Rachel).

|
|
|
|

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Nice looking Pogostemon helferi - Downoi Nick. I've just acquired a couple T5HO 6500 K lamps with reflectors. How fast is it growing for you with EI & CO2? I wonder if it will grow in a DIY CO2 with modest ferts <EI?

Steve

:

:

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
Wow that's great HD video and wonderful plants too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Nice fish! What is that last shrimp? It's really cute.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioaficionado View Post
Nice looking Pogostemon helferi - Downoi Nick. I've just acquired a couple T5HO 6500 K lamps with reflectors. How fast is it growing for you with EI & CO2? I wonder if it will grow in a DIY CO2 with modest ferts <EI?
You can't go wrong with t5hos. Having a fixture with good reflectors and bulbs make a huge difference as well as far as efficiency. These are growing at a moderate pace for me. They spit out babies for me weekly. this plant is requires good Fe along with a nutrient rich substrate. Good CO2 will help you avoid algae since this plant is quite prone to if CO2 is not dialed in. Excel will help too if you need an extra source of CO2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Wow that's great HD video and wonderful plants too.
Thank you Devin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
Nice fish! What is that last shrimp? It's really cute.
Sara,

That's my Black cherry shrimp. The sides are totally black, but the stripe along it's back is still brown, so it's not totally black. I don't know how she came about but one day she just sorta popped up outta nowhere. I use to keep wild type cherries with my regular cherries. That could be why.

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
Very cool! Even better if you watch in full screen I love how you make it look so elegant without that much of a scape. Is Downoi your favorite plant, or what? You now have 2 tanks pretty much dedicated to them.

Just another question...why is the waterlevel low?

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow, your tank is pretty amazing!!! Hope I can get mine to look like yours!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Plant Man View Post
Very cool! Even better if you watch in full screen I love how you make it look so elegant without that much of a scape. Is Downoi your favorite plant, or what? You now have 2 tanks pretty much dedicated to them.

Just another question...why is the waterlevel low?
Thanks Caton. I no longer have the 20L with downoi anymore. I turned that tank into my Mac breeding tank . All those downoi are what you see in this tank.... just propagated a tad. I'll have to admit, I do love downoi . About the low water level, it's only that way because the rack that this tank sits on can't fully support the weight of a full tank. I've been too lazy to add another sheet of partical board for the needed support. One of these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysmelee View Post
Wow, your tank is pretty amazing!!! Hope I can get mine to look like yours!!
Anybody can do it. You can do it!

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
Ah, cool. I didn't see that Mac breeding thread!

(Psst....change your sig....)

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode