Post Pictures Of Under Your Stand! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool Post Pictures Of Under Your Stand!

Post Pictures Of Under Your Stands, im building one and would like to see what every ones looks like under, how clean it is, how its set up. Hit me with the pics!!

No Fear, Take No Prisoners, Leave No Survivors.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You Hit The Power Band On A Two Stroke And Tell Me How You Feel.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
Here are a few from this layout....

jB
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)
tried posting a thread like this one and got one wiseacker reply so I'll do ya a good turn OP. Here's one of my stands. Originally posted in April 2009
O.K. It’s part of this hobby for everybody.
It can be a mess.
Most people don’t like dealing with it while others can’t mess with it enough.
How do you plumb your junk? Hope YOUR string makes sticky status. More than once I would have liked more options.

What I felt I had to have on my 75g. Tanks.
Filter, Probably spent more than I had to but like Eheim’s, Pro 3e 2078 , Pro II 2028 I'm not as happy with .
Lights, Current T-5 HO 4x54 with lunar lights. My one timer controls both tank lights and UV unit.
CO2 system, I wanted to go automated with as large a cylinder as I could fit. I wanted to feed two aquariums. Sumo built dual feed regulator with bubble counters and solenoids. American Marine Controller units. Rex style down flow reactor modified the design to add a vent valve and nipple for the CO2 tube, 20lb cylinder.
UV sterilizer, Aqua UV 15 watt units (bigger than rated need) Aqua UV has a model with a cleaning rod / O ring that allows it to be cleaned in place. Pretty much a Cadillac unit IMO.
Heater, everybody has one. Hydor ETH 300 watt units . This heater made me drool. GET THAT THING OUTTA MY TANK! I’ve never liked in tank heaters. If I can love a piece of hardware I love these heaters, now have three one on each tank even the low tech 55g.
The in cabinet plumbing has double tap connectors where needed to allow break down without flooding for service. The only 90 degree fittings are into and out of the reactor. All others are radius sweeps so minimum flow restriction.
Tank to filter, filter to reactor, reactor to heater, heater to UV, UV to tank. That’s mine what’s your?

Stand, I wanted my stuff hidden and wanted what I wanted so like a lot of people I built mine. In placing shelves in it I angle cut the top shelf. Prior to this always installed standard full shelving and to see / reach stuff on the bottom shelf you have to all but lay down. This way loses some area but the lower shelf is visible sitting in a chair.
Also while not part of the plumbing I installed Max Jet 400 power heads with sponge filters to increase flow and circulation. Mounted lower in the back and out of sight.

If at first you don't succeed,,, keep kicking it
RubberSideDownOnTheLanding,
2-75g planted, 3-55g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 2018 update returning to sanity (Nutz)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Baliban View Post
Here are a few from this layout....

jB
VERY nice set up!! Keep them coming guys!!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Nice man!!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:37 AM

Wow what an awesome room you have!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJack View Post

Wow what an awesome room you have!
It's my man cave, its all i have left! HAHA

jB
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
My 10g is all HOB/hood contained and rests on a squat four-legged table. I was rescaping tonight which compelled my cat to take up residence underneath. Alas, I did not snap a pic before she scampered off. My 30g is however the usual mess of tank stuff.

And Jason, do I detect a hint of metalhead in you, or do you just prefer the action of Ibanez's? Ok, I'll bite, here's my version of fish and guitar, albeit in a student apartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2707.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	30603  

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
This is the closest I have....from an update a while back on my tank journal....

It's Alive! by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

~
~
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Nice guys!!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsboy View Post
And Jason, do I detect a hint of metalhead in you, or do you just prefer the action of Ibanez's? Ok, I'll bite, here's my version of fish and guitar, albeit in a student apartment.
I play heavier music for sure. Here is a recent tune of mine if you are interested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxCdbgJfn8Q

jB
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Its messy, but it was better than 6 days ago. 6 days ago it looked like hell and a fire hazard. My goal was to keep all electrical as high as possible. I didnt intend for this tank to have a small mini grow tank under there. Everything I needed on a timer, is on one. My lighting that has 3 lights split into 2 timers, and my co2. It makes my life much easier.

This pic shows my extra wiring extension. I ran out of places on my other power strip. I never realized how many items I had. For the heck of it I will list them. Air pump, 2213 filter, 2217 filter, uv sterilizer, inline heater, power filter, 2 lights, moon lights, undertank filter, undertank heater, co2, undertank lightx2

Shows the other side of my power strip and my co2 tank with 3 ports, 2 ghetto Fluval bubble counters.

This shows my mini grow tank/baby shrimp tank and lighting setup and the rest of the clutter

This one shows my filtration and heater. Eheim 2213, eheim 2217, Inline reactor, inline heater, and a inline Uv sterilizer. This side of the stand is my "wet" side. It has mostly all my plumbing, and I tried to keep most of the electrical connectors away from this side.

...DIY co2 sucks
...ricca sucks
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Banned

PTrader: (21/100%)
I cant get any pictures from under my stand.
Aquarium and everything else weighs too much, not enough muscle to lift it up.

Sean

90g- 4x54w T5HO, Pressurized CO2, XP2 & XP4, Hydor ETH 300w

125g- African Mbuna,Haps, Peacock community tank
x2 Rena XP4s, Hydor ETH 300w, 4x39w Coralife T5NO

Filstar PIMP #165

In the making...15+ more tanks.
Ranging from 5 gallons to 40 gallons.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewake210 View Post
I cant get any pictures from under my stand.
Aquarium and everything else weighs too much, not enough muscle to lift it up.
The force is not strong with this one.

LOL use the shwartz

...DIY co2 sucks
...ricca sucks
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Here's under mine.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode