Fishwhore's Community.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fishwhore's Community..

Fishwhore's 125g journal............................

Tank has been running for 2 months and 1 month with the plants. i started off with a fish only setup and i was searching random links from sites and came across this site and after seeing a few of your guys' tanks i really wanted to try it.
i didnt know anything about planted aquariums, but ive been in the aquarium hobby for quite some time now.Instead of just thinking about it I just dove right in and bought some plants. Im using sand as my substrate so im using root tabs for that. I wish i used a diffrent substrate. One used more for planted aquaria I'm also injecting Co2. As far as my fert dosing...im all lost..back to more research..but im doing okay so far i guess... any opinions are welcome...thanks again guys for looking.
125g.

Stock list.......... lots.....lets play i spy .........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your fish and tank is gorgeous!!! Very nice!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Retired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
-Davey the Bearded dragon.
-Couple little rescue lap dogs: Boots and Teddy.
-2 Holland lop house rabbits- Percy and Pippen.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Another beautiful 125 gallon. You've got a good structure. I think it'll look great once the plants grow in some. As far as fertilizers, co2 and lights take it a day at a time. Enjoy the ups and downs along the way is my suggestion. With a little research, I am sure you will be on your way to a healthy planted tank in no time.

Oh, and as far as having sand, it is actually a great substrate to plant in. You actually made a better choice than you realize.

Welcome to the planted tank! I am looking forward to watching the progression. And as far as I spy.....I spy a few discus.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Planted Member

Amazing Tank! Add some More Plants

No Fear, Take No Prisoners, Leave No Survivors.

You Hit The Power Band On A Two Stroke And Tell Me How You Feel.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks guys!

I want to put more plants but I want to see these plants take off. Belive it or not I use my tap water with the ph in the 9. With discus. Im still learning. Id hate to lose alot of plants.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
How long have you had discus??? I want some and seeing that you and others don't have perfect water makes me see that it may be possible after all. How is the tank doing with the plants?

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Hi C, nice meeting you today! Your fish look great for being in our rock-hard tap water!

Looks like your tank could benefit from some Anubias, which can be attached to structures (so the substrate doesn't matter). I think I have just what you need there.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
I think with these fish I would put in a lot of moss and one or two anubias gigantea might work nicely. I was wondering what kind of light you have on there. All in all though this is a great looking tank with some gorgeous fish. What is that one in the left side rear of pic 2, obviously it's a discus, but what kind? If that isn't a shadow messing with the colors that's the coolest discus I've ever seen.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Shrimpsanity

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Sweet looking discus. LOL @ your name.

|ShrimpTech|
|
|
|
|
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thx guys! Nice meeting you T. I have a bit more plants now. I'll take a pic now and you can see what plants I could use from your monster tank!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Pics from today. Sorry if pics are bad. Off my iPhone.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Looks great. I can give you some additional Anubias Thu or next week. Different Crypts too. I wish I still had Water Sprite, a large one of those would look great in your tank.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

that whould be great! yeah i feel it needs a large piece in there to fill the tank a bit.... thanks T.!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
How long have you had discus??? I want some and seeing that you and others don't have perfect water makes me see that it may be possible after all. How is the tank doing with the plants?
i picked a local breeder that breed his fish in local tap. high 9.0+ goes past most ph testers range. the reason i didnt want to use RO was because of the large amounts of "dirty" water it wastes to produce 1 gallon of "RO" water, because of the constant water changes id have to have RO on tap 24/7 and didnt want to deal with that.

the tank is okay with the fish but im still very new to the planted tank scene but not new to fish... ill have to say the plants are not lush as id like them to be but i have not been up on dosing ferts and such but has maintained well with constant water change. i started to pay more attention to my tanks and ill see how it turns out. i learned my discus are okay with the water ferts so im dosing pretty good now....

thanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode