My 10 Gallon Medium-Tech PFR and SS/SSS CRS Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 10 Gallon Medium-Tech PFR and SS/SSS CRS Tank

Good Evening.

My name is Stuart AND I'm addicted to CO2. I decided to rescape one of my 10 gallon tanks and make it a Painted Fire Red Cherry Tank. So.... I removed and rehomed all livestock, flora, and hardscape. Found some new rocks, added some ADA II and decided to grow Glosso as the focus plant.

It has ADA I and II as substrate, Metricide 14 dosed as a carbon source (and eventually pressurized CO2), and EI dosing.

Currently it is being filtered by a Eheim Ecoo 2234 and lit by 2-13W Spiral Compact Phillips 6500K bulbs from Home Depot (that are housed in a standard incandescent light fixture).

I have the photoperiod at 9 hours/day and let the glosso grow in without any livestock for a couple weeks. So literally I spent an afternoon systematically trimming and replanting the glosso. NOTE TO SELF: Never do a glosso carpet again because it was a EXTREMELY TEDIOUS to trim and plant.

Here are some rough photos of the newly planted tank from November 21, 2010 (I still have other plants to add). My apologies for the murky water. I hope you enjoy.

I will update with some newer shots in the next several posts I make.

Thanks for looking

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here are a few more pictures as 11/27/10.

I added some Staurogyne repens and Hygrophila pantanal 'wavy'.

Thanks for looking.

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here are a few pics taken on 12/21/10. I added a couple Painted Fire Reds and a lowly CRS that usually hides. I also added some Staurogyne stolinefera. The glosso is growing, but I am getting some yellowing of the leaves. Anyways, here are the pics.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well.... here's some more recent pics I took on 3/5/11. I added some Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Eriocaulon sp 'Goias', Versicularia dubyana (Singapore Moss) and some more Painted Fire Red Shrimp and some SS and SSS Grade CRS. Here are the pics.

Thanks for looking !

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I snapped a few pics on 4/17/11. I hooked up pressurized CO2 at the beginning of April and the plant growth has exploded!

Thanks for looking !

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
Wow! Looks really great. I really was amazed how you said in your last post how you had just hooked up co2! To be growing staurogyne, glosso, and blyxa in a tank originally without co2 with minimal algae is amazing!

Great job

Ehfipimp #340!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2215)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy87 View Post
Wow! Looks really great. I really was amazed how you said in your last post how you had just hooked up co2! To be growing staurogyne, glosso, and blyxa in a tank originally without co2 with minimal algae is amazing!

Great job
Thank you! I had a little GSA but not much before CO2. I was dosing 3ml of Metricide every other day as a carbon source with good results, BUT now with pressurized CO2..... my growth of plants has really exploded!

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode