LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Talking WfxXx 46

Rebuilt

The UVS is overhead.

This is what the tank eats weekly

I am not an aquascaper and don't claim to be, but I do enjoy simply growing weeds underwater.

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Wow, the tank looks awesome...vibrant colors! And the finnage on the A.cacu is stunning, did you get it locally?
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:32 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I really like the look of your tank. What variety/species? of Tonina is that in the front left and is that Ponageton gayi in the back? Do you have any plans to fill in that area in the foreground? Just wondering even though I hardly notice it with how great everything looks around it.

Also, what a great idea for your aquascaping tools and cleaning stuff. Great way to reduce the clutter look.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisb925
I really like the look of your tank. What variety/species? of Tonina is that in the front left and is that Ponageton gayi in the back?
It's Tonina sp 'Belem'
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Looks awesome, man! I love the dark blue background and the cockatoos are gorgeous!

- Sam P -
plantedtanker in limbo - all tanks currently in storage
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yes, very nice, one of the more colorful tanks I have seen. I don't agree with your statement saying you are not an aquascaper ; how could you improve on that layout? I would love to have such a tank in my living room.

By the way I have been reading some of your posts regarding dosing and would like to say thanks; you have helped me a lot.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
Wow. A great look. I love the selection of plants you have in there.

And, I'm gonna have to steal the idea of adding some hooks into the front door of my cabinet. Looks like the same cabinet I have. I've never liked just stuffing my nets and such along the front floor of my stand. Good idea !
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
Tank looks great. Nice looking log you have there, also...might have to alter mine to look like that (yours is much easier to read ).

BTW, that's a great looking A. agassizzi. Is that a lone male you have or part of a trio/harem?

Eric

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Nice! I like the E. stellata behind the driftwood. What's beginning to fill in on the foreground on the mid-right?

You're right, our tanks are machines!

Re-boot!
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
beautiful tank. great work on the aquascape.
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

Eric, you're right..it's A.agassizzi, I should have looked at the tail-fin first to make sure.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul-7
Wow, the tank looks awesome...vibrant colors! And the finnage on the A.cacu is stunning, did you get it locally?
Thanks Raul, You haven't been posting alot last few month's, Good to see you again bro!
Yes I got him locally, Sometimes my LFS surprises me with some really nice critters.
Thanks for the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisb925
I really like the look of your tank. What variety/species? of Tonina is that in the front left and is that Ponageton gayi in the back? Do you have any plans to fill in that area in the foreground? Just wondering even though I hardly notice it with how great everything looks around it.

Also, what a great idea for your aquascaping tools and cleaning stuff. Great way to reduce the clutter look.
Hello bellisb925
Thank you, Your to kind Raul is correct that is Tonina/Belem.
The P.Gayi is a very nice weed, it turns a dark amber color and pearl's like mad, a stunning plant! the bare spot in front, isn't really completely bare, it is "suppose to be growing HC, but having a tough time keeping planted, it is so small, and my curious Yoyo loach's will not leave it alone, little booger's are alway's digging it up.
Thanks for the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastAquarian
Looks awesome, man! I love the dark blue background and the cockatoos are gorgeous!
Thank you Sam, Thanks for looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jart
Yes, very nice, one of the more colorful tanks I have seen. I don't agree with your statement saying you are not an aquascaper how could you improve on that layout? I would love to have such a tank in my living room.

By the way I have been reading some of your posts regarding dosing and would like to say thanks; you have helped me a lot.
Thank you jart, the plant's just grow so fast, it's a continuous thing, alway's changing, but that's ok too.
Your welcome, I am glad the post's concerning dosing has helped you, anything I can do to make things easier on another is alway's nice
Anything else I can do for you, just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS
Wow. A great look. I love the selection of plants you have in there.

And, I'm gonna have to steal the idea of adding some hooks into the front door of my cabinet. Looks like the same cabinet I have. I've never liked just stuffing my nets and such along the front floor of my stand. Good idea !
Thank you BSS.. by the way, what does BSS stand for? just curious.
No need to steal, you can have the idea.
The selection of plant's is pleasing to me to, I have really enjoyed growing them.
Thanks for the post! and kind word's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn
Tank looks great. Nice looking log you have there, also...might have to alter mine to look like that (yours is much easier to read.

BTW, that's a great looking A. agassizzi. Is that a lone male you have or part of a trio/harem?
Hey Thank you Eric, I have an rtf is you want it! rtf
Thank's, he is sharp, but a mean little booger, I have two agassizzi's, but had to seperate them :rollseyes:
Thanks for the post, and kind word's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiadawgger
Nice! I like the E. stellata behind the driftwood. What's beginning to fill in on the foreground on the mid-right?

You're right, our tanks are machines!
Hey bud Thank you much! E.Stellata Rock's! Mid-right foreground, is HC, it is not taking to well oddly enough, crazy loache's, will not leave it alone..lol
Machine is correct! Seems to have this ambiant sound about it when all is silent around the house, very intense..lol
Thanks for taking the time to post bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
beautiful tank. great work on the aquascape.
Thank you Anthony, I appreciate your thought's and comment's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul-7
Eric, you're right..it's A.agassizzi, I should have looked at the tail-fin first to make sure.
Yup, A.agassizzi is what my LFS owner told me, I got him when he was just a pup, he has really grown into a beautiful colorful species.
He said that it was an A.agassizzi Double Red.
Attached Images

Craig

Last edited by WfxXx; 02-05-2007 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Edited link to rtf
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
Thats a great tank and the fish are really great looking!
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Nice tank, the ram really stands out to me. Actually rams are like the first things I notice in planted tanks since i'm so deeply attached to them.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 04:38 PM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
Since you asked, BSS are my initials. When I first started working for IBM 20+ years ago, my officemate signed everything with his initials. I thought it was cool, so I borrowed that idea also . Tomorrow, I will likely be looking for suitable hooks and possibly even a small, hanging basket to hold foods and premixed ferts, too!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode