Caton's emersed 15g ---DEAD--- RIP - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
Caton's emersed 15g ---DEAD--- RIP

I will try and be on top of this thread and post pictures often. Unlike my blog, website, and 5 other journal's, this one (hopefully) won't die.

I am not going to talk much about the tank, other than it has peat as a substrate, and a 15w light and a 48w t5 HO light. Most the plants in this tank have been donated by Azfishkid, and hopefully I can get even more plants.

Since pictures are worth a thosand words. I'll do the talkin' you do the mouth droppin'.
FTS

Shinnersia rivularis

Rotala Rotundifolia, new emersed growth (THIS IS SO SLOW GROWING)
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5781160_n.jpg

Staurogyne repens (aka tropica 049, twice as big now)

Pre-flower, Polygonum hydropiperoides

Flowering Polygonum hydropiperoides

Acmella repens

Hyptis lorentziana

Hygrophila sp. 'tiger'

Blurry picture of Poaceae sp. 'Purple Bamboo'

Pogostemon erectus new emersed growth. Gotta love that plants name.

POGOSTEMON YATABEANUS! and Limnophilia aromatica

Polygonum sp. 'sao paulo' My favorite plant OF ALL TIME (as of now)

Lindernia 'india'

Lindernia 'india' flowering

Hygrophila araguaia

Oh yeah, BTW 56k warning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran

Last edited by Da Plant Man; 06-10-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
This is such a cool setup! I'm really glad to see that the plants are growing well for you K-10. I definitely have a bunch more species that i want you to try out when you have more room.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I have room I just say that to prevent me from buying any more plants.

I got a bunch of ferts coming from GLA, I am going to rip everything out, add new peat+ferts, and replant in a ORGANIZED fashion (or at least I will try to until I get fed up and plant where ever)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I just came up with this CRAZY idea. (There have been like no comments... I guess you guys won't bother me because I never updated before. )

Okay, so my crazy idea is.............I DON'T TRIM MY PLANTS FOR 5 WHOLE WEEKS! First trim and I gave away like $50 worth of plants, imagine my second trim when they are big.

This is my idea of fun. At night, Philip and I skype each other and have our plants talk to each other because we think they need more social activities. We (at least I do.) also play with them, and have baby monitors.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Add me on skype! Both. Of you

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,
Eheim Pimp #457-2232,2213

currently looking for a co2 system,i have plants,shrimp and live food cultures to trade
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHockey View Post
Add me on skype! Both. Of you

Tip for the future: Learn to understand sarcasm through word text.

But yeah, add me (Caton McCarty), I will prolly never get around to looking you up

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Wannabe Guru

kk

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,

currently looking for a co2 system,i have plants,shrimp and live food cultures to trade
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I think there are multiple accounts that I made. Look up: caton.mccarty

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

I will if you stop changing your profile

SunSun Pimp #44- HW-302,

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

MORE EYE CANDY!

Subwassertang (I got tons of it for $5 on the SNS!!!!)

Almost looks underwater...

Hydrotriche hottoniiflora

Eriocaulaceae sp. 'Type 2' doing poorly, but surviving the transition to emersed.

Ammania sp. 'sulawesi'

Limnophila aromatica

Rotala macrandra sp. 'japan red'

Lobelia cardinalis (I think, I forgot the name lol)

STUPID DUCKWEED

Blurry picture of Rotala mini 'type II' (I thought it died like 4 weeks ago, but now its 1/2" )

Hyptis lorentziana

Nesaea pedicellata "Golden"

Alternanthera reineckii v. 'roseafolia'

More purple bamboo

Hygrophila pinnatifida has grown!

Ranunculus inundatus (related to the buttercup )

Polygonum sp. 'sao paulo' and Hygrophila sp. 'tiger' ( I LOVE MY SAO PAULO)

Pogostemon Yatabeanus

MY POLYGONUM 'SAO PAULO' IS BLOOMING! YAYYYY!

It makes me drool.

First person to tell me from the above tank shot, where the Hygrophila pinnatifida is (Circle it in paint, photoshop, etc) will get a FREE package of trimmings (I don't know what....but its pictured here, it will most likely be some polygonums, purple bamboo, Lobelia cardinalis, subwassertang...most likely more than that too. $5 for shipping please). Azfishkid may not play since I give him trimmings anyway.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)
I win!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	229226_1816461649290_1172552669_31748247_7468363_n.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	30719  

GONE HUNTING
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)
seriously tho i found it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	229226_1816461649290_1172552669_31748247_7468363_n.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	30720  

GONE HUNTING
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

Good job! Credz to Sewingalittle though because she sent me a PM before you posted and got it right.

PM your address and I will ship out monday (If you wait a little I can give you some more plants... )

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

-Sigh- I wish my tank looked like it did in those pictures. Everything is dying on my I don't know why, my polygonums have lost their color, my plants turning yellow, and algae is growing on the walls of the glass. I have a feeling I will be taking everything out and starting fresh. So far I think I only have 10 species in there. Stupid duckweed is taking over too.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Plant Man View Post
-Sigh- I wish my tank looked like it did in those pictures. Everything is dying on my I don't know why, my polygonums have lost their color, my plants turning yellow, and algae is growing on the walls of the glass. I have a feeling I will be taking everything out and starting fresh. So far I think I only have 10 species in there. Stupid duckweed is taking over too.
awe that sucks bro. I really loved following this thread. Some of those plants are out of this world grown out of water. I hope you can save them or if you start fresh then maybe it'll be for the best and be better this second time around.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode