My tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My tank

Hi everyone, just found this forum. Attached is a pic of my tank. Please let me know what you think! I am in the process of replacing the fake wood with a smaller piece of driftwood. Most of the plants came from the local lakes. Sorry for the clock and door reflection in background

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
It looks like a nice set up you have going there. Could you try taking a picture at night without a flash and posting? If you put a dark background on there it would really make the plants stand out. But like I said I think you've got a good thing going on in there!

Currently tankless for the first time in 24 years... Getting the itch again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Those are exceptionally nice collected plants. Mother nature isn't usually so flawless. The stand and canopy match the room decor very well. As hop notes, take a night photo without the flash. Click on the "46" or the "30" in my signature for an example.

Also, give us some tank parameters (pH, KH, CO2, lighting, etc). It's not enough to see the movie, I want to read the credits .

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
First off, your stand looks terrific. Did you make it yourself because it looks much nicer than the ones you buy around here anyways.

It's so cool when people can go out to their local lakes and streams and get native stuff to grow.

I like how you have the sand and then the rock together.

I have never had the restraint to have only a couple of fish in such a large tanks but it always is a cool look.

What are the specifics on your tank?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Oddly enough, there is a solid black background on it. The objects in the background are reflected. I will take a pic at night.

The stand was purchased at LFS(PetsMart)

PH is at 7.0, don't have a KH tester, no C02 but am thinking about it.

The light setup is made by Satellite, is 130 watts with 2 moonlight Led's.

Thanks for compliments!

Scott
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMorris
Oddly enough, there is a solid black background on it. The objects in the background are reflected. I will take a pic at night.
Ah, I can see that now. A night photo of this tank will look sharp.

Ted

- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to depthC Send a message via MSN to depthC
From what i can see, green, it looks good. I like the sand on the left that goes to larger river rocks, just looks natural that way. Anwyay a picture in the dark will make it much more easier to view, ill be waiting ...

Andrew

Whats in your glass box?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

added new pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by depthC
From what i can see, green, it looks good. I like the sand on the left that goes to larger river rocks, just looks natural that way. Anwyay a picture in the dark will make it much more easier to view, ill be waiting ...

Andrew
Here are a couple of night shots. The head on shot came out to blurry for some reason, so just posted these.

Scott

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I really like the looks of your tank. How long has it been up and running?

Currently tankless for the first time in 24 years... Getting the itch again
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Very nice! I haven't seen local plants used that well in quite some time. That is going to look even better when the wood is replaced.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop
I really like the looks of your tank. How long has it been up and running?
About 2 years, but always in a state of change. All the mollies
were born in the tank.
Scott
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Nice looking tank Scott, collecting and using local plants is a lot of fun. The best part is watching them change forms at times...what it looked like in the pond or stream is not always what it looks like in our tanks.

Not to mention that if you dont like the plant or it does not do well , we didnt lose anything in trying.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Nice looking tank Scott, collecting and using local plants is a lot of fun. The best part is watching them change forms at times...what it looked like in the pond or stream is not always what it looks like in our tanks.

Not to mention that if you dont like the plant or it does not do well , we didnt lose anything in trying.

Right on bro!

Scott

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode