25gallon: 2nd tank but 1st journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
25gallon: 2nd tank but 1st journal

try to see how long I can keep this tank going.

the tank is 25 gallon 24x21x13 dimension
nova extreme 2x24w light
eheim 2133 filter
diy co2 and fert

plants are pennywort, blyxa and HC

these pictures are about 2 weeks after set up. still cycling the tank, only organism now is a snail

looks like the HC start growing

10 gallon Walmart tank, DIY CO2, HOB filter (sponge and ceramic ball) and coralife T5 (2x14W normal output). Dwarf hairgrass, rosetta sword, anubias and Brazilian pennywort. And that gree dust algae that I can never truly get rid off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
I love the growth of the pennywort.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

week 3

about 3 weeks into the set up.
had some snail problem in the past week. Found the culprit and crushed lots of white baby snail.
moved several platies from my 10g into this tank and they are doing fine.
removed one blyxa because it looks crowded at the back with 4 blyxa. blyxa is a truly elegant plant, I wish I had it long time ago.
HC seems to be doing ok too, some are already hugging the substrate and start spreading. some just grow straight up, maybe the light is not strong enough?
here is the picture

10 gallon Walmart tank, DIY CO2, HOB filter (sponge and ceramic ball) and coralife T5 (2x14W normal output). Dwarf hairgrass, rosetta sword, anubias and Brazilian pennywort. And that gree dust algae that I can never truly get rid off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking Good!! Keep It up. Maybe add another tall plant to the left so that it balances out. You may even have to many rocks, i mean it looks good but it takes up room for PLANTS

No Fear, Take No Prisoners, Leave No Survivors.

You Hit The Power Band On A Two Stroke And Tell Me How You Feel.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Will think about other plant to balance the left, either a taller plant or some plant of different color to give more weight in visual effect. Eventually I might take out those pennywort, they grow too fast

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Plants are growing well. Don't know how long will it take to have a full hc carpet though.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/50%)
Big fan of your tank. Simple& well taken care of. I will be setting up a 30 gal with platies similar to yours with similar plants actually. My intention is not to jack ur footprint lmao or thread. I'm sub'd and might have some questions soon. As I won't be setting up till July. Research, research, research lol. And I loved my nova extreme but sold it like an idiot couple months ago. Any recommendations for standard 36 inch tank
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sd760 View Post
Big fan of your tank. Simple& well taken care of. I will be setting up a 30 gal with platies similar to yours with similar plants actually. My intention is not to jack ur footprint lmao or thread. I'm sub'd and might have some questions soon. As I won't be setting up till July. Research, research, research lol. And I loved my nova extreme but sold it like an idiot couple months ago. Any recommendations for standard 36 inch tank
thanks for the compliment. I am afraid I can't give you much suggestion about equipment as such since I myself got into this hobby only a couple years ago and I am still learning the rope. But doing homework at this forum will help a lot.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
That is a great start!! I can not wait to see it when it is all grown it, i am positive it will look great!!

-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
-Davey the Bearded dragon.
-Couple little rescue lap dogs: Boots and Teddy.
-2 Holland lop house rabbits- Percy and Pippen.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

About 40 days after set up, pennywort is growing like crazy, look good, glad to have them to fill this tall tank. HC spread well, Blyxa grow and branch faster than what I expected.
But I have algae problem. There seem to be some green dust algae on the sides. I also suspect some diatoms covering the HC, which Mae be difficult to see from the closeup picture. It is said these two algae are common for new tank, hopefully I can keep them under control with time.
Here are some pictures. Haven't cleaned the glass for once since the setup, I am too lazy

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode