75 Gallon S. rhombeus -- Updated 1/24 -- End of the Road
My 75 gallon was a blackwater tank with lots of driftwood and some floating and emersed plants when it was set up at the old place. I decided that the move would be a good time to do a complete overhaul. Started yesterday around 11 am at our old place and finished cleaning up at the new place around 9:30 last night.
The old setup had play sand substrate with 2 DIY fluorescent spotlight lamps, an Eheim 2217 with the stock intake and spraybar, and a Hydor 300 watt in line heater along with a Hydor Koralia 4 powerhead.
For the new setup, I went with Eco Complete substrate, added a Rena XP2 to go along with the 2217 but replaced the intake with an Eheim intake to match the 2217 -- painted both of the intakes black, and replaced the spraybars with loc line returns. Still running the in line heater and the HK4 and replaced the lighting with a dual T8 fixture and a Coralife dual T5NO.
Plant list so far:
Echinodorus 'Kleiner Bar'
I snapped this picture at 10 last night and was exhausted, so you'll have to forgive the poor quality and the cloudy bubble filled water -- I'll get some better pics of the tank and of the whole setup tonight.
Last edited by JoeDizzleMPLS; 01-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.