120g High Tech - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
120g High Tech

Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to forums in general and thought I'd start a journal for my new tank build. I'm still in the process of getting the gear together and working out the details. I am starting to play with the hard scape and thought I'd start by getting some opinions regarding the layout. The tank is 48*24*24.

Right side

Right side again

Left side....kinda obvious i guess

Center

For those wondering....these are seiryu stones which I really like. I'm still waiting for the new ADA Amazonia substrate to come in which will get mixed with this aquariumplants.com stuff. I think the amount I ordered will cover this amount by another 2". I used a cardboard box cut to almost the right dimensions. The depth is right but the width is an extra 4-5". The front is lacking substrate altogether cause I wanted to get enough to set the stone. I'm planning on HC along the entire front with Downoi around the low areas near the stone and stems towards the back two corners...or just the left with medium high plants on the right.

Anyways, I hope I've given enough detail to get some response....I wanted to play some more but thought I'd do this first. More details regarding the rest to follow.

Many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
No real progress, still waiting for some filters and a pump. Was going to work with my two Eheim filters but decided to go all Nu-clear. I think I'm going to really like the flexibility these filters will give me. I'm also going to try....reef octopus HY-3000. This with three Nu-clear, CO2 reactor and heater, should give me 5x turn over on my 120g.

I haven't played with the rocks yet.....still liking the basic design. More substrate to come....can't wait!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode