TheShrimpOtakus 60P ADA Adventure! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
TheShrimpOtakus 60P ADA Adventure!

I picked up my first ADA tank its the 60P Mist Type-R. I still need to order a filter, but havent decided on which filter to buy. I will be using the paintball Co2 kit I bought off JaggedFury! Heres my parts list so far.

ADA 60P Mist Type

Lighting is a BoostLED Par30 white

Hydor Inline 200watt heater

Cheapo diffuser and bubble counter from GLA

ADA Aqua Soil Malaya

ADA Xingu Forest Sand

DriftWood was ordered today from the driftwood store

Im no expert on aquascaping so Ill probably have questions when the time comes :P. I also need advice on my stand! Im not a great DIY person so I wanted to know if you think my stand will be fine for holding this tank. You can see it in the pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
looks good, I got the book today as well and reading it. I highly recommend people get it, it's so worth it even just for shipping cost. I like the light as well.

----gauny----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
If you had the time you could wall off the bottom and make a small door to give it a cleaner look. Hidden equipment is always good unless you're super organized:P

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
just 1 bulb?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 11:08 AM
The Circumloctioner

PTrader: (37/100%)
What types of plants are you planning on growing?

No Pimp Club.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I havent decided on plants yet. I might pick up a second light, but I wanted to try one out first. I really wanted a mellowed out shady tank. Most plants in it will be mosses, and maybe some hair grass or baby tears if I can get away with them :P. I know its just one bulb, but the par output on these par30 leds is much better then the cheapo LED bulbs you buy at lowes or walmart. I use these bulbs on my 20gallon SW coral tank and they grow much better then they did with my 150watt metal halide.

As for hiding the Equipment Im thinking bout building a little shelf for my filter to sit on, and a basket on the side to hold my Co2. I like the open look of the stand, and don't mind seeing equipment. I just want to know if you think the stand will hold the tank :P
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I think im going to do a moss tank! I love the way it looks and flows in the water. Do you think a eheim 2215 will give good flow in the tank to make the moss sway? Ill probably do some Star Grass in the background, along with Myriophyllum Mattogrossense, Fissidens Fontanus on the drift wood, and Dwarf Baby Tears, Dwarf Hair Grass, or Glosso in the forground with some Sagittaria Dwarf.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I drooled over those frost tanks for a while earlier. Very nice.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yea they're sweet! I didnt know the sides were frosted though lol. I added some side supports to the stand so i know it will hold my tank now! Last thing I want is to come home and my tank is broken on the floor.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode