• 1 Post By JCombra
  • 1 Post By Ordinary Joe
  • 1 Post By JCombra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Plantedtank.net ' community ' tank

Hey folks, I've been meaning to do this for quite some time but never had the nerve to post pics of my humble little tank!! I consider this a ' community' tank because I received SO MUCH help from this site, not too mention most of the plants came from the for sale section right here. I like Dutch tanks, but i didn't adhere to the strict rules so please don't beat me up too bad , I'm a newbie ! I'm a TOTAL hack photographer, but my wife was a Pro for 24 years so I'll be posting MUCH better pics as the plants fill in and I can have her shoot some nice ones. Here's the full frontal.

[/IMG]

Left Side :

[/IMG]

Center:

[/IMG]

Right Side :

[/IMG]
deeda, Hendy8888, Greggz and 7 others like this.

Last edited by JCombra; 09-02-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I must give a huge THANK YOU for the folks that provided me with the plants.

Star Repens ( from a previous set-up )

A.R Mini, Ludwigia Pantanel ,Limno. Aromatica 'mini', Gratiola Viscidula , Tonina Fluviatillis, Myrio s.p Guyana, Ludwigia Polycarpa, Lobelia Cardinalis 'mini 'and Hygrophilia Araguaia all come from Burr740 ( HUGE thanks for all your help Joe ! )

Pogostemon Erectus and Montel Carlo came from Igor

A.R. Rosanervig came from Pilla

Again, sorry for the crappy pics, I'll try to get much better ones soon, but I wanted to show SOMETHING to prove I have been planting all these plants I've been ordering from you folks ! I'm finally happy with how things are going here. This place is awesome and you folks have been a LOT of help ! I'm not on facebook, so it's nice to know there is still a place to get quality info on the web. You folks know your stuff and inspire !!

Thanks again !

Jim

BTW, PLEASE feel free to comment and criticize. Too many plants ?? Too many of this or that ?? I'm open to ALL advice !! Thanks again !!
deeda, Greggz, burr740 and 2 others like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Looks pretty great to me!
Greggz and JCombra like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 01:47 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
That planting looks healthy! Will you be adding any hardscape?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Well that's a pretty gosh darn nice start!

Plants look healthy, and it will get even better as things grow and fill in.

You should post some more information, as I am sure many would like to know more about what you have got going on there.

Well done!
JCombra likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
---
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 11:24 PM
Algae Grower

Plants look awesome! Love all the variety and colors!
JCombra likes this.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2020, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Wow, thanks so much for the comments !! This is the first tank I've had that didn't have some type of hardscape in it actually ! I do miss a few pieces of driftwood in there ! I might switch it up a little later, but I really wanted to try my hand at a larger variety of plants this time around. I was/am concerned that there's a little TOO much going on in here. It's only a 20 gallon long ! Gregg, because I'm a newbie there's not much ' tech' stuff going on here , but I will run down what I do have. I actually switch between two lights, 8 hour photoperiod,a Finnex Ray2 for growth, that light's BRIGHT, but it washes everything out. The second light ( pictured) is a el-cheapo Vivagrow RGB ( Planted + clone ) that I glued a hydroponic led strip ( 3 red, 1 blue ) to the underside. I don't think that strip does anything, but it turns the wall behind the tank a nice red color ! I use that light when taking pics because it adds a little red so the red plants pop a little..... A simple HOB.... paintball co2..... EI dosing with a little Magnesium added.... I used BDBS for the substrate with a few single osmocote balls under each plant. Test my water parameters on my ' do nothing Saturday' , at night, after the tanks run with nothing added. I do run an air stone from 2 hours after co2 shuts off, to 2 hours before it kicks back on....

Thanks again for the nice comments. The tanks I see here are so inspiring ! I wish I could run more than the two I have !!

Jim
Greggz likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Algae Grower

Looking really nice and I feel that the neons were a perfect fish choice. The plants are looking super healthy.
JCombra likes this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Had a few minutes to take and up a few newer shots. Everything is filling in nice ! Burr sells the healthiest plants !!

[/IMG]

Left side.

I pulled out the Limp. Aromatica and replaced it with some Ludwigia Polycarpa. The L.A. just grew too fast for this tank...
There's four stems of Ludwigia Pantanel behind the Pogo. Erectus that's just not happy. It grows like a weed to the top in a matter of days, but it will not propogate for me . I'm still topping and planting the same 4 stems for the last couple of months !! Tops grow, bottoms wither away and die.

[/IMG]
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Center.

Trying to train the Lobelia to form a ' staircase' effect so you can peek at the Gratiola Viscidula in the back.

Bump: Right'

I moved the Polycarpa to the back left corner and replaced it with some Stauro. Purple. This is new and will be chopped down so it'll stay nice and low . Only been in the tank less than three weeks and is sending out crazy side shoots already !! Thanks Burr!! Back right corner is the Myrio green that is still struggling. Will give a it another couple months as it grows like a weed in my sons tank, but not mine, go figure. Also just mowed down the Tonina Fluviatillis so that's why it looks all shabby !! LOL

Greggz likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode