1 Foot Rimless - The Planted Tank Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2020, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
1 Foot Rimless

Had this little nano and equipment lying around the house so I decided to bring it back to life for my home office a few weeks ago.

Hardware
Tank - 1.5G Mr Aqua rimless
Light - Chihiros A-Series
Filter - Azoo Mignon 60
Co2 - Pressurized Azoo

Hardscape
Substrate - Petco black sand, yeah Petco
Spiderwood

Flora
Buce 'belindae dark'
Christmas moss
Crypt parva
Mini pellia

Fauna
TBD - Probably Endlers/shrimp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Asteroid; 07-16-2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 01:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Looks very cool, I like the wood coming out of the water like that. Though I think you are not using a lot of real estate by putting that much soil. Almost half the tank is filled with it. Maybe if the soil was inclined, with less soil towards the front, it would look even better in my opinion.

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Looks very cool, I like the wood coming out of the water like that. Though I think you are not using a lot of real estate by putting that much soil. Almost half the tank is filled with it. Maybe if the soil was inclined, with less soil towards the front, it would look even better in my opinion.
Thanks for the comments, yeah I see what you saying. Full disclosure the wood piece on the right isn't as deep as it is on the left so the higher substrate allows it to stay in that position. Probably could push some soil toward the back, but the tank is only 4" wide and the piece takes up around 3" so not a lot there to play with.

Like any other scape will be fine-tuning as I go along.

Last edited by Asteroid; 07-16-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: ...

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 04:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
from the first picture I thought the inlet/outlet were drilled from the bottom/back.would be awesome if it was fully plumbed from the outside and leave the rim just open like that.

Looks good!

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
from the first picture I thought the inlet/outlet were drilled from the bottom/back.would be awesome if it was fully plumbed from the outside and leave the rim just open like that.

Looks good!

Thanks, I would have to do a much bigger version to plumb it, this tank is only 1.5 Gallons and has a 4" depth
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 01:40 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Thanks, I would have to do a much bigger version to plumb it, this tank is only 1.5 Gallons and has a 4" depth
Wow 1.5 gallons. Looks bigger at first glance.
doug105! likes this.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 11:49 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Good job. It looks awesome.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Wow 1.5 gallons. Looks bigger at first glance.
Yeah, first pic at a quick glance u can't tell until you look at the size of plants and of course the equipment in the last pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econde View Post
Good job. It looks awesome.
Thanks much!

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 04:58 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Didn't realize it was so tiny, you've done a great job! That's not a nano, that's a pico! Very cool tank, love the layout, and the substrate depth makes sense now that I see the scale.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
Didn't realize it was so tiny, you've done a great job! That's not a nano, that's a pico! Very cool tank, love the layout, and the substrate depth makes sense now that I see the scale.
Thank you and your right it is more a pico, I guess anything less than 3G is a pico? I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. I always heard the pico term more on the reef side so wasn't sure if it was well know here on planted so went with the nano description.

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 07:04 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
I'm not sure what the rule is or if there even is one, I posted my 10 gallon Dennerle tanks under nano tanks, and this is 15% the size. These Mr Aqua rimless tanks are very neat designs. Curious to see how you'll like maintaining this one with such a narrow space between front and back glass. I guess if a hand can get in there easily it should be fine, but hardscape would get very interesting. You seem to have found the perfect piece of spiderwood for it.
Asteroid likes this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
I'm not sure what the rule is or if there even is one, I posted my 10 gallon Dennerle tanks under nano tanks, and this is 15% the size. These Mr Aqua rimless tanks are very neat designs. Curious to see how you'll like maintaining this one with such a narrow space between front and back glass. I guess if a hand can get in there easily it should be fine, but hardscape would get very interesting. You seem to have found the perfect piece of spiderwood for it.
I guess anything larger than a 10 probably wouldn't be nano size. This tank has similar proportions to my 3 foot rimless, I liked it so that's why I ended up with the 3 footer, I actually had this one first. There's just enough space in front/beyond the spiderwood to get some filter floss in there to clean the glass if needed. Your right about the wood, that was a big reason I started it up. I thought it was a good piece for the tank (minus a few branches I cut off.)
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 03:36 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking Great tank there!

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 08:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

Oh cool! A small office tank is a great idea
Asteroid likes this.

my 20 gallon journal:

my 8 gallon journal:

my 35 gallon journal:
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

This should give a clearer perspective of the tank size:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode