1 Foot Rimless - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 08:30 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
this looks fantastic! such a cool little tank, i love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 08:37 PM
Algae Grower

Not really! It still looks like a larger tank in the background! Maybe due to the shaded area between the can and tank...well done!

Doug
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808style View Post
this looks fantastic! such a cool little tank, i love it!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug105! View Post
Not really! It still looks like a larger tank in the background! Maybe due to the shaded area between the can and tank...well done!

Doug

LOL, my bad and your absolutely right. You can't tell the distance between the Guinness and the tank even though it's butted right up against it
Blue Ridge Reef and doug105! like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Everything going along nicely. I see new leaves on the buce, parva, pellia and of course the moss. I actually added some dwarf hairgrass (one of the taller varieties) beyond the wood. There is a small space that I think it might grow in, so want to see what that looks like.

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 12:17 AM
Algae Grower

Your mini pellia looks amazing. Where did you get it from? Also how did you attach it to the wood?
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808style View Post
Your mini pellia looks amazing. Where did you get it from? Also how did you attach it to the wood?
Thanks, pretty sure I got it from an ebay vendor. Everything is attached with an cyanoacrylate glue.

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Made a few changes to this massive tank. Took out the moss and replaced with more mini pellia. Also planted some tall hairgrass in the back that's starting to come in behind the wood.

post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 06:47 PM
Algae Grower

Looks great! I really does look like a much bigger tank than it is. I imagine some shrimp in there will really shrink the perceived size.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm424 View Post
Looks great! I really does look like a much bigger tank than it is. I imagine some shrimp in there will really shrink the perceived size.
Thanks, yeah I'll be dropping some shrimp in there soon so the scale will be more obvious, unless I stick to baby shrimp and remove them before they get too big

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
This should give a clearer perspective of the tank size:

Great picture and as other have said, great job composing the perspective as there's no way of telling how tiny this tank is without the reference. Suppose it's hard but here it's really worth it to find an inconspiciuous filter solution, the HOB sort of gives it away.

24G long & shallow dragonrock Iwagumi

[Old] Long & shallow 24G: a
inspired by nature
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujeta View Post
Great picture and as other have said, great job composing the perspective as there's no way of telling how tiny this tank is without the reference. Suppose it's hard but here it's really worth it to find an inconspiciuous filter solution, the HOB sort of gives it away.
Thanks, I actually have a mini set of lily pipes, but I think my filter would be way to strong, plus I'd have to drill through the desk its on. That's the problem with nanos unless you get an all-in-one setup.

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Couple of new pics i took during and after a water change Tanks gets about a 70% change once a week and is dosed with normal EI dosing. The crypt parva in the inert black sand is doing great. For a slow grower the leaves are clean and fresh. No melting or die back from the original tissue culture.

Hardest part of this tank is keeping the mini pellia firmly attached to the wood as it grows outward pretty thick. If you look closely you can see some of the hairgrass (parvula) in the back growing out of the tank.

Econde, doug105! and Discusluv like this.

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice update!

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Stunning arrangement.
Really beautiful.

Amy
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econde View Post
Nice update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Stunning arrangement.
Really beautiful.
Thanks much, I really appreciate your comments!
Econde likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode