Waterbox 3620 rimless build - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 10:28 PM
ED3

PTrader: (0/0%)
I am extremely jealous of that storage system, smart planning.

Current Setups:

-20H Saltwater Reef with 2 perc. clownfish (corals coming soon)

-20 gallon shallow freshwater pond with 2 "Triple Red" Apistogramma cacatuoides, 1 male Halfmoon Betta, 4 Panda cory cats, 1 clown pleco. 1 big snail and a mess of plants.

In Planning:

-20L "Triple Red" Apistogramma cacatuoides breeding tank

-5 gal Rimless Cube shrimp and predatory plant aquarium/terrarium

In real life I brew beer and mess around with yeast and hop genetics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)
Thanks guys! From experience, which I'm sure we all have about this, there is never enough floor space in a stand. My current one is a jumbled mess! I'm hoping to find a couple of these to mount to the other door to house ferts, food, etc.: https://images.app.goo.gl/tdtRynXsMpMYJ26X8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Picked these up today too, $115 later. That's a bit over 70lbs--floor tiles are a foot wide for reference. I have another ~40lbs in my 29g that I think will make it more than enough for this scape.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yay or nay? I still have to add some manzanita, more soil and some rubble.

Ben Belton likes this.

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
I like the depth and the focus point being in the middle , it'll look great once the plants grow in the back as well

Yeah, a few smaller pieces in front of the big ones will gradually soften the edges. I think it looks awesome.

Is this stone going to impact ph?
Econde likes this.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 04:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Man that's looking good. Just the maintenance part, like vacuuming substrate around the rocks makes me nervous. That's why I appreciate other peoples scapes, I can see the progress without having to worry about maintenance part.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure about it last night but it's grown on me as of this a.m. I think with more soil in certain places my internal nit picking will quiet down.
Econde likes this.

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
Is this stone going to impact ph?
It shouldn't. It's all lava and I've used smaller pieces from the same source in my previous tank without issues. I love me some seiryu stone, but I wanted a big hardscape in this tank and I knew it'd wreak havoc on my water--we've got great soft water in Seattle.
Econde likes this.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just a quick suggestion, but it may be worth it to make sure you can fit a hand between the hardscape and glass, all the way down to the substrate. You're going to need to be able to clean in there, and if there isn't room for your hand, it turns into a P.I.T.A.

If you ever think you're too small to make a difference, spend a couple of nights sleeping with a mosquito.

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellopuddinpop View Post
Just a quick suggestion, but it may be worth it to make sure you can fit a hand between the hardscape and glass, all the way down to the substrate. You're going to need to be able to clean in there, and if there isn't room for your hand, it turns into a P.I.T.A.
I totally get what you mean but idea is to slope the substrate quite a bit, maybe just 4 inches or so below the top of the rocks (in the back/sides). Whether I can keep that slope long term, we'll see!

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 09:58 PM
Planted Member

Dang dude where did you find rocks like that in Seattle??

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcarew View Post
Dang dude where did you find rocks like that in Seattle??
Bonsai NW! Unfortunately they're closing this week (but reopening under new owners at some point in a different location, but who knows when). AND I pretty much cleaned them out, though they still have a few stones laying around.

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 10:28 PM
Planted Member

I need to find a source. Not willing to pay $7/lb at Aquarium Zen

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcarew View Post
I need to find a source. Not willing to pay $7/lb at Aquarium Zen
Will send you a pm...

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 07:17 AM
YTP
Algae Grower

This is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm actually waiting on a 3620 to get shipped any day now. They currently say 3-4 weeks and next week will be week 4 so fingers crossed!

Bump: This is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm actually waiting on a 3620 to get shipped any day now. They currently say 3-4 weeks and next week will be week 4 so fingers crossed!

Tags
ada solar, diy, rimless, waterbox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode