These are all the pictures and videos I have of my Rainbow Fish tank since starting it in May 2019 till the end of 2019.
This is a picture and video from June of 2019. At the time I had a school of Albino Cherry Barbs, several Siamese Algae Eaters and a group of Synodontis Lucipinnis in my 55 Gallon that I transferred to the 100 Gallon after it finished cycling. I also added a school of young Denison Barbs. The plants in the tank consisted of Water Sprite, several species of Anubias, Java Fern and I filled in the front with plastic plants. Filtration at the time consisted of a Fluval Fx6 and three Sponge Filters to provide some cover for my Synodontis Lucipinnis. Light was a 48" Fluval Plant LED 3.0
[IMG]100 Gallon Tank June 2019
Everything was going well and I decided to begin adding Rainbow Fish to my tank. In early July is when I ordered my first batch of Rainbow Fish. Several Boesemani Rainbows came in soon after, mostly females. Everybody was doing great. In late July is when I ordered my next batch of Rainbow Fish. I ordered several male Boesemani, Turquoise, Millennium, Emerald and Yellow Rainbows. It was then when I was hit with several problems at once. I wasn't quarantining at the time and my 100 Gallon got infested with ich. I began treatment with Ich X medication (always has worked well when I had ich on my 55 Gallon) and a water change every day but I noticed every time I made a water change the fish stressed out even more. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I was dechlorinating the water as usual and temperature matching as I always did but for some reason my fish were stressing and dying. I researched and researched and eventually figured out what the problem was. My water had an unusually high amount of chlorine and chloramines. My water company had added more chlorine that usual to flush the system. I added 3 times the normal dose of Seachem Prime to the new water soon after but by then the damage was done. I had lost all my Albino Cherry Barbs, all my Siamese Algae Eaters (I believe I had 6 in total) except one, a couple of Synodontis Lucipinnis, all my Emerald Rainbows, Yellow Rainbows, several Denison Barbs, Turquoise, Millennium and Boesemani Rainbows. It was devastating. Just typing this right now brings me grief. I learned many hard lessons during that time like to not confide in my tap water and to test it along with the quarantining of all my new fish in my 10 Gallon, etc.
Here is a video of me feeding the survivors in August 2019. Most of the Synodontis Lucipinnis and Denison Barbs survived along with 1 Siamese Algae Eater, 2 Millennium Rainbow, 5 Turquoise Rainbows and several Boesemani Rainbows. I also removed the plastic plants I had in the front and added Jungle Val to the tank in hopes that it would propagate and spread.
I don't really have much footage for the rest of the year. Just three videos of the tank in November 2019 with one being a water change video. You can see how much the Rainbows love the water change and how silly and fun the Millennium Rainbows are.
All in all the 100 Gallon Rainbow Fish tank had a really rough start but things started to look hopeful.